How not to treat a sturgeon

brandon4455
brandon4455
this is bull sh*t they just flop it up the bank and let it hit rocks then release it.. your not even suppose to remove sturgeon from the water when you are going to release them. they could have emasrtued the fish while it was still in the water BUT NO they had to drag it up the rocks and drop it. YouTube - off the hook sturgeon bank fishing bonneville dam part 2

M
mrlindeman
Thats mean man. And against regs.

A
akaangela
Poor fish. I hope he lives. There is no call for treating him that way. They could have had the tape measure down by the water AND not thrashed him around that way.

F
fishingfreak
Unbelieveable! I heard someone yelling at them right at the end and the cameraman responded! Someone needs to teach them proper fish handling techniques!

T
TTFishon
You'd think it would be common sense but maybe ODFW should post some informational signs on how to treat the fish for a healthy release.

brandon4455
brandon4455
TTFishon said:
You'd think it would be common sense but maybe ODFW should post some informational signs on how to treat the fish for a healthy release.[/QUOthats a great idea. put signs up that way dum arses like them will not throw fish up the bank just to measure them.

T
TTFishon
Yeah, you never know, they might actually care once they are educated.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i swear those guys are about as stupid as a hatchery fish that strays into the wrong river LOL maybe we need to take a test to have a fishing liscense that way no tards make it to the river. :lol:

M
Moe
brandon4455 said:
i swear those guys are about as stupid as a hatchery fish that strays into the wrong river LOL maybe we need to take a test to have a fishing liscense that way no tards make it to the river. :lol:

Thats actually a good idea, that way you can't say "I didn't know man , let me go just this once." when OSP comes around.

O
OnTheFly
Sturgeon are like cat fish. They're pretty tough and can be kept out of water longer than most other fish. But I agree. That type of handling is totally uneccessary.

M
mrlindeman
Stupid and careless is what it is. You can't teach someone not to be an A@#.

F
fishingfreak
I was watching a fishing program on 395 on Dish! I have never fished for Walleye, but everytime they caught a fish they would stick 3 fingers in the Gills, hold it up to the camera, and then just toss it in the water. They never did that to the Sturgeon they caught only Walleye. Is that Normal? I would never do that to any fish I was releasing!

Last edited:
M
Moe
a lot of people do that to carp and walleye. They can survive it as long as the angler only touches the gill plate, not the actual gills. I personally wouldnt hold any fish that is to be released like that, but some people are just careless.