How not to net a steelhead

T
Throbbit _Shane
Heres a video my friend made. The first clip you can see a successful net job. 2nd clip you will see how not to do it :D

[YOUTUBE]Inlbelc5ndQ[/YOUTUBE]

G
GoldFishSlayer
oh man that was funny

D
Drew9870
As tough as it is, I will net a fish myself if I feel/know the person with me is inexperienced, for exactly that reason or from them swinging the net all over the place.

But..... He has to get first hand experience somehow, mistakes = more knowledge on what not to do.

Maybe you should post this in the tutorials section also :D.

A
alseaalumaweld
o thats funny

B
benkearney
The guy with the video camera DID say "Get 'em"

M
metalfisher76
Oooops!lol

G
GoldFishSlayer
still think its funny only cause I have a friend who is miserable with the net and thats what we call the butterfly. there is no substitute for someone who knows how to get er done with the net

S
strawberry shortcake
When I first came home to the ranch to manage it, I used the old nets hung up in the woodhouse. Blew every one of them out. String nets, even if kept off the floor, just don't keep for decades. I lost more than a couple bigs ones as they tore through the bottom of the net. In order to untangle the mess from the snags (and I always fish in snags), I had to cut the fish loose. This year I bought a few new nets when they went on sale.