How many rivers?

S
Santiam338
are on your tag?? I have 4 differant rivers so far..

Siuslaw

Alsea

Siletz

Nestucca

Plan to add a few more later...

J
JeannaJigs
nothing tagged :( It's a nate year for me, doesn't help that most of the year I've been on native only systems.

Last year, Siuslaw, Alsea, S. Santiam, McKenzie. I didn't venture anywhere else. This year...I plan on venturing out a bit more.

C
Combat Chuck
alsea
alsea
alsea
alsea
... Im just happy that I HAVE some ink on the tag this year. Last year was not good to me.

H
Halfthrive
Siuslaw
Lake creek
Umpqua
S. Umpqua
Alsea
An hopefully a few Siletz and Wilson fish as well.

G
gloomis85
Only 2 rivers for me on my pursuit of catching over a 100 steel this year, Im over halfway there.
*Millicoma
*Coquille
Hope to add the Elk, Sixes, an Floras Creek

H
halibuthitman
big creek
nf klaskenine
lewis&clarke
gnat creek
NF nehalem
Necanicum
Trask
Kilchis
Miami
columbia
youngs
Nestucca
1 secret southern creek

washington:
Kalama
both forks lewis
cowlitz
columbia

A
alm21
halibuthitman said:
big creek
nf klaskenine
lewis&clarke
gnat creek
NF nehalem
Necanicum
Trask
Kilchis
Miami
columbia
youngs
Nestucca
1 secret southern creek

washington:
Kalama
both forks lewis
cowlitz
columbia

It's ~3 weeks into February and you've tagged fish on 17 systems?! Are the fish calling you and asking you to come pick them up on your magic carpet? ;)

H
halibuthitman
I drive a lot....
often I fish 3 or 4 of these rivers in the same day, and twice this year limited on big creek by 9 and drove to the canyon on the kalama and limited there by 4, two state limit in one day.
I don't work in the winter, so time is on my side,
I like the journey much more than the destination, so typicaly im leaving a spot practicly before I get there... I am mentaly ill.

Its my goal this year to catch 100 fish, on 100 systems... gonna write a book about it, it will probably sell for about 2 bucks.... you should buy and read it.

Last edited:
S
Santiam338
halibuthitman said:
I drive a lot....
often I fish 3 or 4 of these rivers in the same day, and twice this year limited on big creek by 9 and drove to the canyon on the kalama and limited there by 4, two state limit in one day.
I don't work in the winter, so time is on my side,
I like the journey much more than the destination, so typicaly im leaving a spot practicly before I get there... I am mentaly ill.

Its my goal this year to catch 100 fish, on 100 systems... gonna write a book about it, it will probably sell for about 2 bucks.... you should buy and read it.

I will buy one..;)

I also don't work much in the winter,but the gas is starting to be a problem...Most everywhere I go is 1 1/2 to 2 hours away...Add the shuttle and it almost takes the fun out of it...Almost...

I want to hit the South Umpqua at least once this year...I say that every year though... :think:

A
alm21
Ok, making more sense now. You definitely got your routine dialed in. But for some reason, I now feel like I've been wasting a bunch of time, curse this learning curve!

halibuthitman said:
gonna write a book about it, it will probably sell for about 2 bucks.... you should buy and read it.

Only if it will give me the insight to your illness that has made you as effective and efficient as you have become... daaaaamn! :D

E
eugene1
'Nooch (WA).

I'm not much of a winter steelheader I guess. Trying to improve though!

P
plumb2fish
I gotten nates on the 6 systems I've fished this year, but the only brats came from the slaw...

P
plumb2fish
Santiam338 said:
I will buy one..;)

I want to hit the South Umpqua at least once this year...I say that every year though... :think:

If you want someone to split expenses and trade off on the sticks, shoot me a PM...I like that system

• South Umpqua.jpg
  • Ryan's South.jpg
Chromatose
Chromatose
halibuthitman said:
Its my goal this year to catch 100 fish, on 100 systems...

How about 100 fish on one system? ;)