How many fish is everyone catching?

my2labs

I started a similar thread in 2015 and it went well so Im attempting to revive it.
_
**Poll:

How many steelhead have you caught this winter (**December 2018 forward) compared to days fished for them?
_
The only rule is, if you're going to lie, don't participate.
__
l'll start:

0-5 so far.

(Lol..This is unfortunately very similar to my 2015 post. )

*3 missed opportunities, but they do not count.
_
How has everyone else faired? Remember, no BS. Just don't post if you're gonna fib!

Last edited:

rogerdodger

Siuslaw Steelhead fishing for me so far in 2019:
2 non-guide drift boat days: 0 for 0
4 bank days: 1 for 3
(also retained in January, from kayak: 4 black rockfish, 16 dungies, 1 SRC, 1 SM Bass).

Last edited:

Kaipernick

I started a similar thread in 2015 and it went well so Im attempting to revive it.
_
**Poll:

How many steelhead have you caught this winter (**December 2018 forward) compared to days fished for them?
_
The only rule is, if you're going to lie, don't participate.
__
l'll start:

0-5 so far.

(Lol..This is unfortunately very similar to my 2015 post. )

*3 missed opportunities, but they do not count.
_
How has everyone else faired? Remember, no BS. Just don't post if you're gonna fib!
I’ve had 7 trips and 0 fish and I broke off on 1

hobster

It's been a rough year for me. I am usually hooking way more fish than I have been, and no multiple hookup days yet.

11 trips, some for just a couple of hours since it's a short drive to the river.
3-5 so far

Aervax

I fished 2 days so far. All day Friday without a single bump. Yesterday, I netted 3 in the 10 pound range, 1 wild and 2 clipped. However...I was fishing with a gifted guide who kept me focused on the right structure using the right tackle. I could not have done that well on my own without the professional guidance given how tough conditions were on Fri and Sat. Without the help I would have been lucky to catch anything at all. Thank you Tanner and Grant. ?

markasd

3 days - 1 tug.
Im well over the “1000” casts per fish on the swing, I feel like I have some multi fish days comin soon.
Good luck out there.

my2labs

Seems as though just about everyone is having a tough year so far.... hopefully some guides and or everydayers will post their numbers so we can all get an idea of what we are missing while we are working jobs that do not include awesome days on the water ?

OnTheDrop

@Aervax that was impressive!

@my2labs I’m way behind on upkeep of my books, but it’s def been a bit ‘slower’ at times, but still pretty good. I think my best day is around 10 hookups, plenty of 4-7fish days, handful of 1-2’s, and the inevitable few skunk days...

Biggest is around 17lbs.

I’m on the river between 3-7 days a week.

my2labs

@Aervax that was impressive!

@my2labs I’m way behind on upkeep of my books, but it’s def been a bit ‘slower’ at times, but still pretty good. I think my best day is around 10 hookups, plenty of 4-7fish days, handful of 1-2’s, and the inevitable few skunk days...

Biggest is around 17lbs.

I’m on the river between 3-7 days a week.
Your numbers are no surprise. I’ve never heard anything but glowing reviews about your guide service. Not once.

Thanks for the update!

homerhomer

Fishing the Sandy and nothing. Been about like 8 times and while not always the most productive areas I usually get a couple by now. I have been fishing it for about 8 years and this year is the worst. :(