How far up the Umpqua?

H
Heavy Metal 1
How far up river are the fall run Chinooks?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Iv heard they've been catching them at the Forks. I did a float upstream of Elkton mid last week and seen quite a few. Go get um!

B
bran_man
They're just now starting to be in good numbers in the bay area so it will be a while before they're in good numbers that far up river. Maybe some here and there.people are still fishing for them mainly just outside the jaws to put it another way.I would say another month before numbers get that far up at least! Maybe more if we don't get some decent rains

M
Mad dog
Heavy Metal 1 said:
How far up river are the fall run Chinooks?

All 102 miles of the Main! I know 2 different guides that started hitting it hard this week.

Got this one this morning, 33", 17 lbs., Turned one back that was a bit dark as well
DSC02985.jpg

M
Mad dog
bran_man said:
They're just now starting to be in good numbers in the bay area so it will be a while before they're in good numbers that far up river. Maybe some here and there.people are still fishing for them mainly just outside the jaws to put it another way.I would say another month before numbers get that far up at least! Maybe more if we don't get some decent rains

There were days that were smoking hot at Reedsport in early August!

E
eugene1
Sweet chromer Mad dog!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice MD. I'm working in Roseburg for the next 4 weeks. I'll pbly keep my boat down there if you want to hit it again this year.

Mad dog said:
All 102 miles of the Main! I know 2 different guides that started hitting it hard this week.

Got this one this morning, 33", 17 lbs., Turned one back that was a bit dark as well
DSC02985.jpg

M
Mad dog
jamisonace said:
Nice MD. I'm working in Roseburg for the next 4 weeks. I'll pbly keep my boat down there if you want to hit it again this year.

You got it Jamie!

I'm heading out to the desert for a week so I'll be off the river for a while, we'll hook up when I get back.