How far do you think the Blazers will go in the playoffs this year?

How far do you think the Blazers will go in the playoffs this year?

• Lose in the First Round

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Lose in the Western Conference Semi-Finals

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Lose in the Western Conference Finals

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Lose in the NBA Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win the NBA Championship!

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

n8r1

The NBA Playoffs start tomorrow, and my beloved Blazers square off against the Dallas Mavericks in Dallas at 6:30 PST. I really like this matchup and think that Portland has a great chance to get out of the 1st round for the first time in 10 years. (although I thought the same thing last year against Phoenix and 2 years ago against Houston, so what do I know?)

So Blazer fans--how far do you think we will go this year?

T

todd

i think we make it to round 2 to play the lakers,and i think we can win 50/50 chance.but if we beat the lakers i think they could ride that all the way to the finals. and hopfuly win the chapionship. thats what i think.

brandon4455

brandon4455

second round. and then they get taken out.

F

fishtales

The Blazers lost twice in Dallas this year. And won both times against them at home. Hopefully they can pull off a win tomorrow.

C

capblack

i hope they go all the way, but if i was betting, they wont get out of the first round. not against dallas

N

n8r1

It all depends on how Aldridge plays. If he steps up and plays like he has all year, I like our chances. But if 'LaMartha' shows up instead, like she did for the Phoenix series last year, then it will be another 1st round exit. Camby staying healthy would help a lot too.

T

troutramp

I think the story of the playoffs this year should be Gerald wallace's aquisition by the trail blazers I rate that transaction right up there with the pau gasol trade, of course memphis sort of made up with the addition of tony allen, anyway I think portland has their work cut out for them but I think they have a shot against any team I am a suns fan and watch Portland with much admiration in the first round againt the suns last season. I think wallace gives portland what they have needed a tough veteran leader, If Roy Can contribute at all thats a bonus, if Oden was healthy their a finalist for sure, if this unit gets past Dallas ( dallas has been known to choke), They have a shot because they play well against the other teams in the west, they have LA's number, Denvers still good but Not a real threat, san antoinio can be beat teams just have to make up their minds to do it, Memphis could be trouble in a couple of years if they dont trade/ screw up again. the only team I think might be unstopable is Chicago they are going far

O

OnTheFly

I think Dallas is go'n Down! But the Blazers will need to wear brass knuckles against the Lakers and come out swinging like Artest.

brandon4455

brandon4455

I think Dallas is go'n Down! But the Blazers will need to wear brass knuckles against the Lakers and come out swinging like Artest.

swinging like artest LOL. someone give jim a rep point i just gave him one on a different thread.

B

Bad Tuna

The fact that they even made the playoffs is amazing. The blazers have been mismanaged for so long it's sickening. Brandon Roy and Oden should have been dumped long ago. Max contract, are you kidding? Oden was damaged goods before we drafted him. Roy is all used up and is worthless in the future. LA has been a surprise and really stepped up. Camby needs to retire, he's all used up like a 40 year old hooker. I hope this team can keep it together long enough to make it to the second round. If it were possible, I'd flush most of the team and all of the management and start over.

C

capblack

The fact that they even made the playoffs is amazing. The blazers have been mismanaged for so long it's sickening. Brandon Roy and Oden should have been dumped long ago. Max contract, are you kidding? Oden was damaged goods before we drafted him. Roy is all used up and is worthless in the future. LA has been a surprise and really stepped up. Camby needs to retire, he's all used up like a 40 year old hooker. I hope this team can keep it together long enough to make it to the second round. If it were possible, I'd flush most of the team and all of the management and start over.

id have to disagree, with all the injuries they had to deal with over the last two years and they still make the playoffs at 5th or 6th seed, and you think there management isn't doing a good job? camby plugged a hole in a sinking ship, and roy has been there leader. i think they have all done remarkable with the cards they were dealt. and as far as roy being dumped long ago??? you must not follow the blazers much. as far as oden goes, its a gamble, but you never know

T

troutramp

seems like injuries have been an ongoing issue in potland, too bad Oden and Roy can't go to PHX for a couple of seasons just to get healed I dont know what it is about the suns med staff but I have to think they are the best in the league, the brought Amare back , had Shaq running full court, Grant Hill and Steve nash are like 40, and contribute hard minutes although nash is slowing, he still has the assist title this year i think. You guys are hard on Nate every time we were switching coaches i was hoping to end up with him in Phx, ? I lik gentry just fine tho..

N

n8r1

Well, this series has been disappointing so far. I really thought we would get a split in Dallas, but the Blazers are performing so inconsistently right now. Add that Kidd and Stojakovic are playing like they are 25 again, plus Brandon Roy, Rudy Fernandez, and Wes Matthews can't seem to get in sync, and it's going to be a very short series unless the Blazers can pull their heads out and start playing better. It looked like we gave up with 8 minutes to go last night. So hard to watch.

T

troutramp

Dallas is tough at home and they are deep with tons of play off and NBA finals experience, But they have to come to PDX eventually, Kidd can't shoot 60% forever, If Pportland gets some momentum at home this next game. Dallas is also known to breakdown under pressure, Marion is known to be inconsistant in the playoffs, I am not sure how much that means with Dallas In PHX it killed us he is more of a role player with the mavs. I think Portland has a bright future with the Addition of Wallace, and the Emergence of L.A.

C

capblack

now how do you like B ROY!!!!! nice to see Brandon is getting back into the groove. now lets go get one in the big D

S

skunk

Yeah, this was a great game today. At least its a series, not like some of the other unbalanced ones. Blazers are having to work for it, but hanging in nicely.

Top Bottom