How do you cook your steelhead?

M
Mad dog
I'm having mine grilled on the BBQ with a little lemon pepper, salt-n-spice and butter then topped with a little lemon cream sauce. A little rice and sauted squash on the side.....:dance:....when do we eat! :D

I also love them smoked, canned or deep fried....I love fish tacos! :dance:

Anyone have any recipes they would care to share! What's your favorite?

O
Outdoor_Myers
Mad dog said:
I'm having mine grilled on the BBQ with a little lemon pepper, salt-n-spice and butter then topped with a little lemon cream sauce. A little rice and sauted squash on the side.....:dance:....when do we eat! :D

I also love them smoked, canned or deep fried....I love fish tacos! :dance:

Anyone have any recipes they would care to share! What's your favorite?

I never had steelhead :( but I cooked my first trout in the oven backed at 350 till it fell apart with a fork. I coated it with herbs and lemon then covered in tinfoil. it turned out great!

M
Mad dog
Ooops! Didn't see the recipe page! :think:

I'm sure a Mod will move it! ;)

O
Oncorhynchus
I love to eat cromers with very little flavoring because they taste so good. A splash or two of soy sauce and thats it. If the fish is not in the best shape i brine it for a day and smoke it or flavor it with curry powder and tons of various Indian spices and eat it over rice with curry.

C
Chedster
This stuff is great! Used it on chinook, coho and steelhead and it's tasty. You'll have to look around for it at grocery stores, I can't remember where I got it.