How am I gonna catch these things!?

I
Ifishforfood
today i went down to a local much overlooked body pond and fished it for a few hours. i had only been there two ther times (once in december when catching bass isn't happening, and another time a few weeks ago only for 15 mins). upon getting there, i instantly saw a HUGE L.M. bass right on the edge of some weeds, surounded by small sunfish. i hurridly put a nightcrawler on, dropped it in, but no bass. tried a rapala, nothing. the problem was that there are weeds growing 3 ft off the bottom over the entire pond, so rapalas can't really work. after moving to a differant spot to fish for the sunnies, i once again saw another BIG bass poke its head out of the weeds, then dissapear. so; how am i supposed to catch one of those brutes without getting caught in the weeds? and, what do i use other than nightcrawlers or rapalas? thanks.

B
bassboy
never use nightcrawlers! Big bass much prefer minnow imitations...if the fish were relating to beds then you should fish a bluegilll imitation, if not a 5 inch senko texas rigged on a 3/0 or 4/0 EWG hook should catch those cruisers and keep the little fish off your hook. Also, they are pretty much weedless if you rig them correctly!

C
Combat Chuck
bassboy said:
never use nightcrawlers! Big bass much prefer minnow imitations...if the fish were relating to beds then you should fish a bluegilll imitation, if not a 5 inch senko texas rigged on a 3/0 or 4/0 EWG hook should catch those cruisers and keep the little fish off your hook. Also, they are pretty much weedless if you rig them correctly!
x2 Texas rigged senko

T
the_intimidator03
Make sure your gear is stout enough to handle the fish plus the weeds cause i dont really have a doubt in my mind that once you hook up with one of the bass... thats where it will dive.. to the weeds. tube jigs would probably work as well. I know you can catch them on night crawlers. the senko's as well, you want something you can work over beds if that is what they are doing.

F
Finneus Polebender
C
colbypearson
You fishing for food?

T
Troutier Bassier
Texas rigged senko didn't work.... :( these fish just wouldn't bite it or weren't intrested in it at all.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Troutier Bassier said:
Texas rigged senko didn't work.... :( these fish just wouldn't bite it or weren't intrested in it at all.

use a silver spider ROFL jk jk

I
Ifishforfood
what you talking bout george? i dont think you were at my spot. and colby, i dont think i would eat one of those. the water im getting them out of is sorta nasty. i just want to get a pic of me holding a lunker bass! im gonna do what everyone said and try using the texas rigged senko. thanks for the help, i will let you all know what happens.

T
Troutier Bassier
I'm not talking about the same spot as yours, but the exact same thing happened to me.