How about a few more firsts!!

Y
youngbuck307
Yea man starting to just pick up my drift rod more often now about to leave my bobber rod at home for a few trips so i can get better at my drift fishing.

T
troutmasta
youngbuck307 said:
Yea man starting to just pick up my drift rod more often now about to leave my bobber rod at home for a few trips so i can get better at my drift fishing.

I'm still using one rod for everything sometime you'll have to teach me the differance.

Y
youngbuck307
seems like everyone likes something diff. i just like my drift rod to be nice light rod with some good action to it.

F
Flymstr
youngbuck307 said:
seems like everyone likes something diff. i just like my drift rod to be nice light rod with some good action to it.

You want any tips on drifting let me know. I drift fished for years while I was learning fly rod. Also metalfisher76 knows a lot about drift fishing.
FLymstr;

L
lilsalmon
Flymstr said:
You want any tips on drifting let me know. I drift fished for years while I was learning fly rod. Also metalfisher76 knows a lot about drift fishing.
FLymstr;

I need a lot of tips on drift fishing........

T
troutmasta
B
beaverfan
troutmasta said:

I got a drift fishing book I can let you borrow.

M
metalfisher76
steelhead_stalkers said:
I would guess 10+ lbs! Very nice fish. :clap:

DING, DING, DING!:D `BOUT 10ISH, NICE JOB! Looks like a sweet little river!!:think:

E
eggs
Yea i talked to the hatchery guy on Wednesday and he said they release most of their fish in 3 rivers and main stem nestucca and furtherest up they release is the 6th bridge... so right before blaine.. he said the big nates are making their way up though and was good to hear we hooked into one that size.. he gave me some pointers on where the big push of broodstock should be holding for the next rain.. even told me of some places on privite land that the owners let you fish if you ask or pay a buck in a box... other then the ones commonly known.. Saturday should be good.. I will be picking up some sandshrimp and eggs.. he said broodstock will only hold for so long before pushing up the river under clear conditions, said to fish the deeper holes where you normally wouldn't fish for steelhead.. told me to think more about where a coho would hold since we are having such a long low clear period..

F
Flymstr
Sounds like this guys know his river. I would follow his advice.

M
metalfisher76
New waters?, new folk? (seen some of ya `round:)), tip sharing?? This is strange talk for a fishing forum!:lol: I`m almost done with my beloved crick for a minute. I`ve got a spinning rod still. I even got things that go to it. Bobbers, jigs, spinners and all the drift gear:confused: What to do?? I`m headed to Medford on the 3rd for some heavy metal in the form of Megadeth/Testament and on the 4th for some chrome metal in the form of steelhead on the Rogue and/or Applegate. I`m stuck in crick mode till then but would be willing to fish for some big nates with some of ya`ll after all that. Sandy should have some big`uns:cool:

K
Kodiak
My 4 yr old daughter just spanked her first steelie on the Alsea! A buck about 8 lbs...a bit of a boot, but it's her first and fought her jussst hard enough. She decided fishing isn't too bad and wants a pink rod. Anybody know where to get a decent pink steelie rod?

T
troutmasta
Kodiak said:
My 4 yr old daughter just spanked her first steelie on the Alsea! A buck about 8 lbs...a bit of a boot, but it's her first and fought her jussst hard enough. She decided fishing isn't too bad and wants a pink rod. Anybody know where to get a decent pink steelie rod?

I got my girl a pink medium action Ugly Stick at Cabelas in Boise. Caught steelies, coho, trout, and even a couple of carp today. Plus despite what many say those things are indestructable.