Hottest hole on the North Santiam, one of...

B
bigfootfish
Here is a really good fishin' hole on the North Santiam. It's upstream from Gates, Oregon.

BFF

[YOUTUBE]hYvbEAR7aQ8[/YOUTUBE]

R
rainbowfisherman
catch anything?

Admin
Admin
Nice video, keep them coming! :clap:

B
bigfootfish
Hottest hole...

Hottest hole...

Thank you, Anatoliy. I have a few more. I've got stills, lots and lots of stills of fish and locations, but my still picture files are too large to be accepted on OFF. Any suggestions, short of cropping the heck out of my pics so they fit? I lose lots when I crop.
Rainbowfisherman, yes I've caught lots there over the years. I'll post the stills of those fish so as I learn how to resize my pics. Videos I have more of.
The N. Santiam was at a very low level late this summer after the spillgates at Big Cliff malfunctioned. Big Cliff Reservoir was drained down to a low level, about half its normal pool. When the gates malfunctioned, around 10,000 cfs went down the N. Santiam for a short period of time, allowing many many chinook and steelhead to jump over Minto Dam and end up right below Big Cliff where lots of them still are, as there are no fish ladders at Big Cliff or Detroit Dam. And you can fish right up to the base of Big Cliff. Even now. It's open for steelhead and chinook right now. I don't think there have been any emergency rule changes regarding the N. Santiam that high up.
So fishing on the North was even better than in previous years!:dance::D:lol:

BFF

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
Video of Hot Hole II

Video of Hot Hole II

Here's more of the Fish Market Hole on the North Santiam.

BFF

[YOUTUBE]YYYbfyAWOx0[/YOUTUBE]

B
bigfootfish
Video of Hot Hole III

Video of Hot Hole III

Another take of the same spot.

BFF

[YOUTUBE]YWKnyPMuVgM[/YOUTUBE]

B
bigfootfish
Video of Hot Hole IV