Hot!!

hobster

As I sit in our hot house (took off work, not gonna be painting outside today) the valley is cooking. Right now Eugene is 102 - 104 degrees depending on what you look at. The record high in the history of this city is 108, so we're close. Roseburg is 106 and North Bend is 66, a 40 degree difference. 65 in Florence, man i shoulda gone fishing this week instead of last huh Roger :) Keep safe out there

Raincatcher

I don't blame you a bit! Wish I had been that smart as a skirting and awning installer in Southern California. It was over 100, but my tools felt like they were over 200 degrees. I had contracted to finish the job in one day and my reputation was on the line. I finished the job, then went home and kept my very blistered hands in ice water for two days. You're much smarter than I was.

rogerdodger

Most Featured
hobster;n598046 said:
As I sit in our hot house (took off work, not gonna be painting outside today) the valley is cooking. Right now Eugene is 102 - 104 degrees depending on what you look at. The record high in the history of this city is 108, so we're close. Roseburg is 106 and North Bend is 66, a 40 degree difference. 65 in Florence, man i shoulda gone fishing this week instead of last huh Roger :) Keep safe out there
anything over 70F sucks, looks like we topped out at 75F today but down to 62F at 7pm...high Saturday predicted to be 67F, that's more like it...

we needed full AC today (which means opening our TinyHouse windows all the way!)...cheers, roger

hobster

Raincatcher;n598047 said:
I don't blame you a bit! Wish I had been that smart as a skirting and awning installer in Southern California. It was over 100, but my tools felt like they were over 200 degrees. I had contracted to finish the job in one day and my reputation was on the line. I finished the job, then went home and kept my very blistered hands in ice water for two days. You're much smarter than I was.
No, you were the smart one. Gotta do it with your reputation on the line. I did the same thing last year when it was even hotter, luckily I had the option not to work yesterday. Gonna be another hot one today but no chores.......goin to the river!