Hot on the Mac 6-21

T
TroutSlayer
Well finally was able to get out to check out the river still really high and fast but between me and wifey managed to catch a 20 trout in just a couple hours (kept 9 of em). Don't have pics but have them ready to go onto the smoker today.

R
rippin fish lips
where were you fishing? i was out there with 2 ppl and we did about the same amount of damage on the trout. bait, flies, or lures?

T
TTFishon
Nice! Any size to em?

R
rippin fish lips
the usual 8- 12 inches and would pick up a 15- 17 incher every once in a while

T
TTFishon
Nice!

T
TroutSlayer
Man I need to get on here more. Went back up the Mack the other day caught even more fish about every cast fir 3 hour straight. We were bouncing crawlers but this time I thought I'd try some flies I tied. I caught my first fishes on flies I made. The one that worked the best was an olive wooly bug.

T
TTFishon
TroutSlayer said:
Man I need to get on here more. Went back up the Mack the other day caught even more fish about every cast fir 3 hour straight. We were bouncing crawlers but this time I thought I'd try some flies I tied. I caught my first fishes on flies I made. The one that worked the best was an olive wooly bug.

Cool man! Were most of 'em hatch brats?

T
TroutSlayer
Yup but surprisingly they were full of color. A couple even looked like salmon meat when I cut em open

T
TTFishon
TroutSlayer said:
Yup but surprisingly they were full of color. A couple even looked like salmon meat when I cut em open

They're full of color because the hatchery changed the feed so now the meat is pink and has a bit of flavor.