Hoping

D
doublestrike
I have a friend that just moved to Azalea, and he is a fisherman. Hopefully he will be sending me some lnfo soon.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you!

Good for you!

That is good news,we need more members in that area. I would love to spend a week fishing the different sections of the state...oh,sorry...daydreaming again. Get your friend to join up so we can pick his brain for juicy tidbits.

T
the salmon kid
well me and three of my friends took out boat up there and we all limeted out on the coho that they stocked and we came back the next day and got a couple 13in trout mixed in with the coho

we used a pink and red wedding ring with a small piece of worm on the end and flashers above it
and my buddy got a 14 in coho from a green grasshoper

all the fish in the lake are all about 12-15 in ches long but there are suposed to be some bug trout and bass inthere

T
Throbbit _Shane
I know for a fact there are big bass in there i seen them out by the trees in the water. I fished there once last june from the bank and got skunked. Ill be camping out there sometime this year so i should have some better luck. since ill be fishing for more then a few hours :D

T
the salmon kid
the best thing that i have had luck with, from the bank, is throwing on a wedding ring with a couple of split shots above it and a small piece of worm canting it as far as i can and slowly reeling

and for bass during the summer i cast some jigs and slow baits or when the weather and water gets warm i will throw on a cast master or some kind of finesse bait and i usually catch the hell out of the bass out there
but most of the ones i catch are all about the same size usually about 2 to 3 pounds but they are out there

B
beaverfan
the salmon kid said:
the best thing that i have had luck with, from the bank, is throwing on a wedding ring with a couple of split shots above it and a small piece of worm canting it as far as i can and slowly reeling

and for bass during the summer i cast some jigs and slow baits or when the weather and water gets warm i will throw on a cast master or some kind of finesse bait and i usually catch the hell out of the bass out there
but most of the ones i catch are all about the same size usually about 2 to 3 pounds but they are out there

Do you use a worm on the wedding ring? I've never heard of someone casting them before.

T
the salmon kid
ya worm and a weding ring

ya worm and a weding ring

ya i used to never use a worm on the end of a wedding ring until i saw some guy casting from the bank at the lake and he was catching a trout almost every cast here are some pics of some trout i got casting wedding rings with worms at galesville
all of them are at least 12 in and one is 9in

Last edited by a moderator:
F
FarmerBass
Galesville is my favorite lake to fish. Some days you catch them and some days, nothing. Fish mostly for bass but once in a while, i'll fish for trout. Ive caught many trout on bass plugs and such. Theres Largemouth, smallmouth, trout, crappie, bluegill, cats and suppose to be yellow perch, but ive never seen any. The bass takes care of a lot of the smaller ones.

Larry

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
me and WwF fished here on Sunday,nice day,started at about 11.30,and both
of us limited out by 2.00. 9 rainbows and one that was different from them,didn't take a picture,Doh!:wall:
think it was a small coho,more silver than a rainbow and had a pointed tail.
fished from the bank,left hand side of the boat ramps,with power eggs on the bottom,
worked almost every cast,so happy that WwF has lost her skunk,it was beginning to put
her off fishing.:clap::clap::dance:

W
womanwhofishes
We will have pics.. and the one SsS was talking about it was his first kokanee..

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I am confused here. They are now planting coho to make landlocked coho? So they look just like a kokanee but they aren't or are these in fact kokanee being stocked?

B
beaverfan
Weird I've never heard of them planting landlocked Coho before, but it's true they put em in there! Probably had some extra smolts lying around so they tossed em in there? So do they have Coho and Kokes, or just the Coho? Personally I'm not a big Koke fisherman, it was fun when they were a little bigger on avearge. Used to fish Paulina for them all the time when used to average 13-15 inches. Now a lot of places seem to be overpopulated with 8-10 inch fish. I'm not gonna go half way across the state for 8-10 inch fish. Quantity over quality is not one of my favorite tactics. IMO Kokanee have been grossly mismanaged in OR, hopefully these Coho will be a better fit.

This is from ODFW Recreation Report

GALESVILLE RESERVIOR: rainbow trout, bass

Galesville Reservoir is open to angling year-round. The reservoir was recently stocked with about 5,000 adipose-clipped hatchery coho that should be catchable size this summer. In Galesville Reservoir, all landlocked salmon are considered trout. Thus, there is a five per day trout limit, with only one trout over 20 inches in length allowed for harvest. Last year’s coho which are 12 – 14 inches long have been biting recently. About 8,000 trout were stocked in 2009, and stocking for 2010 has begun with about 3,000 trout so far. Anglers are reminded all bass between 12 and 15 inches must be released, and only one bass over 15 inches may be taken per day. Galesville now has a campground. Call 541-837-3302 for information on camping and boat launching conditions.

Last edited:
W
womanwhofishes
our friends in the area said it was a Kokanee silvery tail was different ..we never had caught one like that was confused our self, but our friends confirmed it.