Hope the forecast is right

Gulfstream

3 float trips on 3 local rivers around Coos Bay in the past 2 weeks have produced NO steelhead. Plugs, side drift, spinners,jigs,you name it, nada. Yesterday the color was good, water a little low and nothing. My 10 day shows about 3 inches around here in the next week .Lets hope so .Until then, the gear stays in the shop along with the boat. HAVE FUN!

hobster

Yeah went out yesterday and it was SLOW. Really hope we do get the rain, looks like it might be a decent amount. Forecast is dry the week after the predicted rain though :mad:

troutdude

Yep. We are in a drought! Hard to believe, but it was in the news. And not fake. lol

@Gulfstream did you try "summer run tactics"...i.e. using smaller OFFerings? Although it's the rain that will actually trigger the run; as we all know.

The question now is where to go? Some rivers cleared today and more tomorrow, even more Friday and Saturday. Lots of choices and good chances at fish.

markasd

With lack of fish, I havent been getting as excited to fish, other than to work on casting.
Hoping broodstock programs start kickin out a few more.