Hoover Pond

D

durantmatt

Lets find out what has been happening at Hoover Pond in White City, Oregon

D

durantmatt

I went fishing out at hoover ponds a week ago. Caught 1 pounders for the majority of the time. But finally tricked one female sitting on her spawn bed and she slammed what I threw at her. My old man had a scale and she weighed at 3.46 pounds. Not too big, but the biggest I've caught there. Anyone else have any pics or stories about Hoover Pond or any of the other ponds in White City?
Some pics are in the extension since I can't figure out how to just put a pic on the post.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cocovi

Some pictures here was broken . =.=

C

colbypearson

Lets find out what has been happening at Hoover Pond in White City, Oregon

i was there last week for a short amount of time a few bites no fish it was cold, the water was clear and also cold and still had a good amount of weeds.

F

fredaevans

Kicking this one back to the top.

Kicking this one back to the top.

Actually live almost directly across 140 from the Ponds and Jim Jones and I were doing a look-see last week. Lots of colour in the water (and colder than heck!) but the two of the could be a total hoot in float tubes with fly rods.

Stopped by the F and G office and were told they don't stock either of them, and what's there is "self sustaining."

What type of fish have you found there?

Fred

E

eat, sleep, fish

There's at least largmouth bass, crappie, bluegill, carp, and bull head.

F

fredaevans

Oh too cool! Another 'new member here,' Jim Jones is (or was) a big fly Carp guy in So-Kal. Not to worry, we've un-brainwashed him since the mid-90's.

Off to send the link to Jimmie.

Many thanks for the info. And I really do mean that. Sitting in my office watching the fellows motor biking around in the mud right across 140 from me as I type.

Had to laugh when I purchased my new home (as in brand new out of the box) home here on "Agate Meadows." 'Noise disclosure' document ... Sport Park (well the motor bike bit) just across 140. My reaction? TOO COOL! Actually have a set of high powered BiNocks on my office windowsill so I can watch the fun. A total hoot.

Fred

D

Darthbeans

Camping at hoover ponds??? Dont think you can.....or at the very least should. But if you mean camping in general then emigrant is a nice place for sure...galesville is great......willow...lake of the woods...selmac...hell pretty much all right now are good cept the higher ones maybe. Think snow is still an issue at a few high lakes.

F

fredaevans

Hey matt, I planed to go hoover next Sunday, this time decided not to stay in resort, can any one suggest me any good place for camping?

Chester, I'm waaaay behind the power curve in reading/responding to your question. Vis a vis 'camping' I look out my home office window and I'm looking at Hoover Ponds (well the whole area). Need a B & B, shoot me a PM.

fae

Top Bottom