Hood River

J
joesnuffy
I fished by both the dam, the pipe and a ways down from there hitting pocket water.

H
highlaker
well next time your over in this area i suggest heading down to maupin fishing the deschutes river

its around 40 miles south of the dalles

J
joesnuffy
I've fished the Deschutes, i wanted to fish something that i hadn't before.

H
highlaker
oh i see..another good river in this area is klickitat..if u havnt already fished it lol

S
StonedFly
east fork hood river

east fork hood river

Fished the east fork of the hood river last week right outside of parkdale driving towards dee. Stoped at the old abandoned lumber mill and gravel pit, hiked down the slope through some pretty thick brush and LOTS OF BEES NESTS!!! Had a blast catching rainbows between 10"-14" and saw lots of salmon which were pretty beat up and dark, and a few steelhead for some reason rearing in pools but avioded fishing for them. Never fished this area before and was suprised to see these large fish this time of year, (end of august?) Released everything I hooked with barbless hooks. Finding clear water was tuff, above parkdale was muddy until a nice sized creek enters it in town. Then about 2 miles below where I was fishing the (middle fork I think) merged into the east fork and blew it out. I WILL BE BACK TO FISH THIS AGIAN!!