Honeymoon fishing

V
VagrantAngler
So I'm getting hitched this Saturday and we are going on our Honeymoon in Newport. The soon to be Mrs. Vagrantangler has already suggested that we go fishing two of the days we are down there. Any suggestions? Don't need anyones hidey hole just a general idea of where to target.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Lucky man! My wife wanted to go somewhere warm! :)

J
JSpencer
I feel just as lucky, my fiance is learning to tie flies and fly fish. She wants to go get a guide and do the whole resort thing and spend a weekend fishing. I personally dont know how to fly fish, but she's more than welcome to it, just means we wont ever present the same offerings :)

O
OnTheFly
JSpencer said:
I feel just as lucky, my fiance is learning to tie flies and fly fish. She wants to go get a guide and do the whole resort thing and spend a weekend fishing. I personally dont know how to fly fish, but she's more than welcome to it, just means we wont ever present the same offerings :)

Marriage is all about commitment and sacrifice, for better and for worse and all that stuff. Go out and get yourself a fly rod. :D

J
JSpencer
I most likely will fall prey to the fly fishing bug too, but first i need to finish rebuilding my tackle. I lost everything when i moved to Oregon.

M
metalfisher76
OnTheFly said:
[/COLOR]

Marriage is all about commitment and sacrifice, for better and for worse and all that stuff. Go out and get yourself a fly rod. :D

HERE,HERE!!:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Try renting a boat or something and troll herring in tide water. Or fish of the jeties. Haven't been fishing up there but want to something bad.

V
VagrantAngler
Not a Fly Fisherman... Just don't fish that way. Nothing wrong with it, just not my style. I fish Metal, Bait and Cork in that order.

S
steelheadstalker31
You should go fish the Alsea tide water, which is just a little south of where you will be. I have not heard a report any where, which usually means it's really good. You could head up river to Kozy cove and have dinner with the wife and after dinner go out and toss some metal off their dock.

L
lizardman
Go south of Yachats to Stonefield beach and fish for some perch and Kelp greenling (sea trout) or hit Ten Mile creek for some nice bluebacks (cut throat) and rainbows. Both of these areas are about a city block from one another.

I used to fish there in the 80s with my grandpa. For ocean fish use the california muscle as bait and for the fresh water throw rooster tails or other spinners, or fish using live night crawlers or red wigglers (both can be dug there within a foot of the surface of the soil, so not too much digging to get good bait). Also fly fishing would be good on Ten Mile Creek.

Ten Mile doesn't get a lot of pressure on it, but you have to hide from the fish or they will not bite.

Dave

D
diggindan
Congrats!

Congrats!

Sounds like you have a good girl. Any fishing will be good with your best partner.
Best of luck in fishing and your new life.

V
VagrantAngler
Thanks for the wishes and the info!