Holy **** thats a lot of trout

J

jd15

oh buddy me and dirtyd and my dad went to the $$$ river saterday and monday and all together we caught about 100 fish, saterday we caught 74, and monday we caught about 25-30. all 74 were caught on panther martins and budds, the others were on panther martins and blue fox damn were good:lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance::dance::lol::lol::D:D:D

BY THE WAY ITS ALL ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND I KNOW THE OWNERS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
M

mgman6000

Where s the Big elk river? I googled it and can only find Elk River Sounds like you had a great time

brandon4455

brandon4455

jd, i recomend if you want to keep a ton of people off your spots then it's better not to tell where you fish. one report is all it takes and your favorite spots will be covered in garbageand there will be so many people fishing it's rediculous. just a suggestion nice job by the way. sounds like you had a blast

troutdude

troutdude

According to "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon" and "Fishing in Oregon", there are only a handful of spots that are not on private land.

It might also be good to mention, that ALL trout Over 16" are considered a steelhead in that stream. So, they must be tagged as a steelie. Plus, it is ONLY open for Artificial lures and flies (NO BAIT or even "artificial" bait like Power Worms). And it has a 2 trout per day, daily bag limit...NOT 5.

B

beaverfan

Not only are trout over 16 inches considered a steelhead unless the stream is open to the taking of native steelhead you can't keep them at all because they would be considered a native steelhead.

C

colbypearson

damn were good:lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance::dance::lol::lol::D:D:D

BY THE WAY ITS ALL ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND I KNOW THE OWNERS!!!!!!!

Private river, you are good! a little over board.....

Last edited:
M

meluvtrout

Oh boy! What did you do? Kept 74 trout?

F

FlyBum

Wow interesting??, I've had (me alone) at least 6 or 7 maybe even 10 days of 100+ fish on the Crooked River and it's not private and they weren't smolt! But that was a few years back before the flow one year killed everything off. Feels good to gloat! ;)

Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

Wow interesting??, I've had (me alone) at least 6 or 7 maybe even 10 days of 100+ fish on the Crooked River and it's not private! But that was a few years back before the flow one year killed everything off. Feels good to gloat! ;)

gotta love those fairytale days where you catch soo many fish it's untreal..and people don't believe you... atleast thats whats happend to me.

F

FlyBum

gotta love those fairytale days where you catch soo many fish it's untreal..and people don't believe you... atleast thats whats happend to me.

Yea except when your with your dad or cousin or girlfriend and they get pissed because they only got 80 or so and didn't break the "Century Mark"!

Last edited:
M

Mad dog

Not only are trout over 16 inches considered a steelhead unless the stream is open to the taking of native steelhead you can't keep them at all because they would be considered a native steelhead.

Not all trout over 16" are considered steelhead....only rainbow trout, 16" and over cutthroat can be retained in most coastal rivers.

J

jd15

The hell it is! There's several spots to gain access.

ived lived their my whole life and yes their is 3 or 4 good spots not on private land but you have to walk in to them, i know more about that river than most of you guys my dad and whole family have lived on the river their intirer life

troutdude

troutdude

I made a post on here yesterday, in regards to this stream being overfished and overcrowded and so forth.

So, who DELETED that post?

brandon4455

brandon4455

I made a post on here yesterday, in regards to this stream being overfished and overcrowded and so forth.

So, who DELETED that post?

i think that was on a different thread jay.

Top Bottom