hmmmm

R

RIVERFISHER

so i was thinkin about going to the alsea for one last try at some fish....maybe sunday.. since weathers been so cold and bass decided to go back to sleep again on me....i was wondering if anyone has been there lately or know if they runnin still... i seen that 800 or so is the count but with water at 5 feet and droppin slowly it looks like whats some advice??????? should i go or should i no...

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Meat hole

Meat hole

Meathole at the hatchery produced thursday, water is a bit colder so corky and yarn work "well". Fresh fish are pulling in daily. Get there early, bring your own rock!

M

Mike123

Pitch a tent night before at "meat h0le".
Wake up at 3am.
Wait in dark till legal fishing hour.
Fish on!

S

steelhead_stalkers

Its hard to find fish anywhere but the meat hole! They are rushing up river strait to the hatchery. This is my favorite time of year on coastal rivers, the ones that can't fish quit coming and it leaves the water unpressured!! To bad its been a slow year.

C

Chedster

Not true I can't fish but I keep hitting the river:D I'm determined to put one on my tag before the seasons over. I have yet to try the meathole, the parking lot has like 20 rigs everytime I go by. I have not seen it midweek but I bet thats the time to hit it.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Giving up is NOT an option

Giving up is NOT an option

Not true I can't fish but I keep hitting the river:D I'm determined to put one on my tag before the seasons over. I have yet to try the meathole, the parking lot has like 20 rigs everytime I go by. I have not seen it midweek but I bet thats the time to hit it.

Chedster;
Good for you,NEVER give up. Experience comes with determination. Even the 10%'ers needed experience to get there. Be safe.
Barb

Troutski

Troutski

50 lber....first fish

50 lber....first fish

I know a guy that tried to catch a Chinook Salmon for over ten years without a single hook up, not only did he keep on trying he did it while surrounded by his friends catching fish. He never stopped trying his tenacity was rewarded by a 50# Chinook Tyee Salmon on the Umpqua river. The most perfect chrome Salmon he had ever seen. My point is hang in there and it will happen and when it does it will be burned into your memory. Attached is a picture of said fish and me holding it.:cool:
One more thing, I see it each time I walk down the hall - hanging above my fireplace..

Chuck

M

Mike123

I know a guy that tried to catch a Chinook Salmon for over ten years without a single hook up, not only did he keep on trying he did it while surrounded by his friends catching fish. He never stopped trying his tenacity was rewarded by a 50# Chinook Tyee Salmon on the Umpqua river. The most perfect chrome Salmon he had ever seen. My point is hang in there and it will happen and when it does it will be burned into your memory. Attached is a picture of said fish and me holding it.:cool:
One more thing, I see it each time I walk down the hall - hanging above my fireplace..

Chuck

Thats a nice fish!

But... I would give up after 2 years of not catching one.
Geese in 3 years I'd give in and pay for a guided trip!! :shock:

S

steelhead_stalkers

What I meant was the ones that don't know what they are doing and also don't really care about steelhead in general. Those people are out in groves when the fishing is supposed to be easy and good but trickle off to nothing this time of year!! Definitely don't give up and the steel will come. You could always fish the meat hole until you get the skunk off the board then explore other parts of the system! Good luck!