Hmmm am I still skunked?

Hmmm am I still skunked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B
beaverfan
So I have had a mean skunk going on for a while now, so I headed to the coast today to try and kill it. Here's the problem, my girlfriend was focusing her efforts on crabbing while I tried for any kind of fish that would bite some sandshrimp. All I ended up catching was a keeper crab. So am I still skunked? After all we WERE targeting crab.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nope you got something. It was a mutitarget task force with at least one confirmed kill.

B
beaverfan
Two keepers and a sand shrimp I inadvertently caught when scooping water in a bucket. My girlfriend isn't afraid of the crab but for some reason she won't go near the sandshrimp.

T
Thuggin4Life
Lol

H
halibuthitman
this is only a temporary skunk kill... like in a video game when you respawn to a new location.... gotta crack some chrome and send that skunk to the taxidermist to make a rug out of!;)

F
Fishtopher
No dice.

Ya, you caught a crab, but unless you caught it with yer rod, thats what I must be smellin'...:D

B
beaverfan
Yup I caught it on a rod n reel.

F
Fishtopher
Well there ya go. Skunk gone!:clap:

O
OneMore
Sorry i had to vote still skunked. It happens to all of us sometimes. Just think when you do hook up it will be all the more rewarding. Fish on :pray:

T
TTFishon
I didn't vote because I'm stuck in the middle. You didn't get what you were after but at least you caught something that your girlfriend was after.

O
OnTheFly
I don't know...I guess it depends on what your first intensions were when you left the house. You said you headed to the coast to kill the skunk....were you thinking fish or crab? I suppose fishing is fishing and if I were out to catch salmon and, the unthinkable happened, like catching a Carp:shock::rolleyes: then I'd probably take it as Not a skunk day so I vote 'no'.

W
womanwhofishes
Did you crab at the right tide, right moon..
Scottishsmokedsalmon caught a crab on a sandshrimp off our dock..with a pole..he walked it to the bank..

B
beaverfan
OnTheFly said:
I don't know...I guess it depends on what your first intensions were when you left the house. You said you headed to the coast to kill the skunk....were you thinking fish or crab? I suppose fishing is fishing and if I were out to catch salmon and, the unthinkable happened, like catching a Carp:shock::rolleyes: then I'd probably take it as Not a skunk day so I vote 'no'.

I was thinking all fish! I did however know that fishing a sandshrimp on the bottom could very likely end up in hooking a crab. I don't even think there were any fish where I was fishing. My girl wanted some crab so I sucked it up and made the ultimate sacrifice.

O
OnTheFly
lol. Don't be so hard on yourself Jay. Take it as a No Skunk. It looks better on your resume':D

B
beaverfan
Hahaha I killed the skunk for sure yesterday, slayed some Trout! LOL