hmm another one gets away (video)

E
eggs
no sound or cool music but the end is pretty funny.

wife started filming about 5 mins into the fight

this was sunday on the Nestucca, 2nd one lost like this in a week

this one was for sure a finclipped summer :(

A
Anyfishisfine
Am I evil for busting out laughing at the end? That was an awesome reaction.

Looks like he got acrobatic at the end and worked it lose. Hell of a fight though.

C
Chrome_Chaser
That was a bummed deal. Been there and done that more than once. Looked like it put up a pretty good fight.

T
Thuggin4Life
That was one nice fish! What was that last ditch effort all about? You shoulda dove head first arms wide open. lol

U
USCGAUXHinkle
omg dude... that's EXACTLY what i do... run after the *******!

B
bigsteel
almost had him in bro,,,,that last part was funny as it gets i was waitin to see you dive in after him:lol:

E
eggs
I was right on top of him in the water too.. I could have kicked him if I wanted too.. I was just frustrated and felt like chasing his ass I guess.. I don't know just a natural pissed off action... lucky I didn't draw and start putting rounds in the water after him hahahahaha

A
autofisher
I gotta say, you're pretty spry. Of course I don't think that there's a one of us that hasn't had that happen or haven't tried to dive in after one. Heck, Raincatcher almost dove in on my first steelhead.

F
FishAssassin
You need to show those fish who's the boss!

E
eggs
Yea should have just drug him up on shore..or remembered to bring my net... Monday morning quarterback...

Ohh and its ok the laugh.. I sure did lol.. just the way this game works.. win some loose more.. feeds the addiction..

Last edited:
S
steelheadstalker31
Great fight. I had that happen to me once, but I had a net. So I ran out and netted it because it was just sitting in slack water. As i was walking back to shore, steelhead in net, it flops out of the net and jets back into the river, never to be seen again. :( Good times

L
lilsalmon
Great video...I laughed too....:D It does suck though but like you said it feeds the addiction

F
First Bite
As the saying goes, "It's better to have hooked and lost then to not have hooked up at all". I've been there a few times too...with the same reaction. :cool: