Hitting the Sandy 3/4

C
ChezJfrey
Steel4life said:
But as soon as you can go to the store and down size your jigs man. I only use 1/2oz for twitching jigs for coho in the fall. Drift fishing IMO isn't as effective as bobber fishing.

Agreed. I have found I pretty much only need two jig patterns (nightmare and pink/white) in 1/8 oz. size for winters. Don't worry about the jig size...caught my biggest ever steelhead of 37", and many in the 26-32" range with an 1/8 oz. nightmare.

K
Kage
If I start catching fish because I drop the size to 1/8 oz jigs I wouldn't know how to react. Either I been doing everything right except for jig size or all this time I could have been catching if I only switched up jig sizes. I'd be happy being able to catch on a regular basis.

S
Steel4life
Yea. I'm sure you will get into some fish going to 1/8oz. But also learning how to ready water for bobber fishing is key.

K
Kage
Well, as I've read and seen, I breakdown the water into sections. The head or riffles, slot or run, tailouts and there's pools, seams and jogging pace to look for. Corrections greatly appreciated