Hitting the sandy 10-28

B
bigdog
Ok I know there most likely isn't much there but only have one or two more times out this year for the coho so going to hit the sandy in the morning. Thinking about hunting in the dodge park area, this doesn't mean just at dodge park there are many holes out there to hunt in.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be out there and would want to meet up and hopefully meet up for some coho killing or even if there isn't anything good out there for keeping some fun C&R. If so let me know thinking of trying to get out there by around seven. Most likel start out at garbage hole and work from there. Hit me up if interested.
CJ

A
alm21
bigdog said:
Ok I know there most likely isn't much there but only have one or two more times out this year for the coho so going to hit the sandy in the morning. Thinking about hunting in the dodge park area, this doesn't mean just at dodge park there are many holes out there to hunt in.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be out there and would want to meet up and hopefully meet up for some coho killing or even if there isn't anything good out there for keeping some fun C&R. If so let me know thinking of trying to get out there by around seven. Most likel start out at garbage hole and work from there. Hit me up if interested.
CJ

I'm looking forward to your report CJ. I wish I could head out there today. I have all day Friday to fish and I was thinking about hitting it for a couple hours Thurs morning to get a sense of whether or not I want to go back Friday. I have a buddy who's been trying to get me to hit the Wilson but the Sandy had been so good. If the Sandy has slowed down as much as it is sounding like, I may see if he wants to hit the Wilson Friday. I'll let you know in case you are interested in heading to the Wilson Friday.

F
Fishydog
Big Muddy

Big Muddy

...is what the Sandy looked like yesterday. I went to the pipeline hole, it was at 9.1' and dropping despite the rain, and pitched for a couple hours. I saw one white patched spawned out nook swimming at my feet in 8" of water, seemed like she was asking me to kill her :think: "sorry sister"
Floated some eggs for a while then switched back to spinners, a lot of debris in the river, pulled up a ton of leaves and more than a few sticks. Snagged into something on the bottom, figured it was another stick or the ever popular "rockfish" :mad: Tugged on it a few times to loosen it's grip on my lure, and just when I was ready to break it off it budged a little. OK so I can get my lure back and rid the river of yet another stick, so I heaved and reeled, tugged and reeled, walked out of the river and reeled. It seemed to be coming up but had to be the biggest stick I ever managed out of the river, being that it's so muddy I couldn't see what I had until it gets to the surface, a hugeDEAD nook :( At least I caught something :lol: After kicking the "nutrients" back into the river I spent some time cleaning up everyones garbage and headed for home.
Good luck out there CJ

Irishrover
Irishrover
I had to run into Gresham this morning and decided to come home the back way which just happens to be along the sandy River. At Dabney the water was up (where it should be this time of year) and off color (brown). Only one guy fishing. At Dodge there were about six guys fishing right at the Bridge Hole. The water was up nice at about 9' and on the drop. The river was off color but fishable for sure. I'm at home now getting the gear and coffee ready to head back down for some after noon fun. Fishydog good on you for the clean up effort Pipeline was looking a little rugged, was that childs play pen still there?

Last edited:
B
bigdog
Wish I would have got to this posting sooner I could have saved you some time Irishrover there isn't a thing in that water well at least not any fish. I think the only place thats going to have anything is CC or higher and not to sure they will even be worth bonking.

Irishrover
Irishrover
bigdog said:
Wish I would have got to this posting sooner I could have saved you some time Irishrover there isn't a thing in that water well at least not any fish. I think the only place thats going to have anything is CC or higher and not to sure they will even be worth bonking.
Oh I had a good time anyway. Walked up above Dodge and had the place to myself nobody was fishing either of those two hole. I could see a few guys at the Garbage hole from the top hole. I've been sticking with that spey rod so even if the river was full of fish I would of had the same luck:lol:. I know one of these days I'll hook a fish with that fly rod. I even went with a guide and didn't even get a bump on that rod:shock: Might have to sprinkle some Jameson Irish Whiskey on it for luck;)

J
JeeperGal
Irishrover said:
Might have to sprinkle some Jameson Irish Whiskey on it for luck;)

Bushmills would work better :lol:

F
flyman
JeeperGal said:
Bushmills would work better :lol:

Makers Mark is just about as good. If there is any clarity to the water tomorrow there will be some good fishing to be had in the CC area. That is where the fish are. Remember, Olive colored wooly buggers can be deadly this time of year. The Coho will slam them.