Hitting the river 11/10 am

G
GMR
Im thinking about hitting the river in the morning tomorro if anyones free.
Going to hit a few spots I know and maybe some more exploring.
Try out some new spinners.

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
Tomorrow or Thursday or both?

Amazingly enough, I have new spinners as well. I ended up with an extra blade, but everything else was the right amount.

G
GMR
Both lol.. Just want to get out.
Extra Brass blade?

T
TimberTodd
Hey GMR,
I am heading that direction in the morning also. I have only fished the Wilson once and that was years ago. If you see a red 90s toyota 4x4 extra cab wandering aimlessly, that would be me. If its parked, feel free to stop and say hi.
Todd

M
mgman6000
I'll try to get over there fromOregon City if you see a '86 white Jeep Comanche say hi.
Pat

B
beaverfan
I would focus my energy pretty high. The water will likely be on the rise at least most of the day, with some pretty strong flows and quite a bit of color too. From Thursday on looks to be pretty good though. The fish will be tucked on the bottom and close to the bank for the most part. I would definitely go with bait or jig under a bobber, it'll be really tough to get a spinner on the bottom where the fish will be.

G
GMR
beaverfan said:
I would focus my energy pretty high. The water will likely be on the rise at least most of the day, with some pretty strong flows and quite a bit of color too. From Thursday on looks to be pretty good though. The fish will be tucked on the bottom and close to the bank for the most part. I would definitely go with bait or jig under a bobber, it'll be really tough to get a spinner on the bottom where the fish will be.

Yeah I like the challenge:)
Ive been searching for spots that I can better hit with spinners.
And have had a decent amount of luck lately so..
And I have a whole new batch of nicely weighted spinners to try out.

I have found a few spots (one of which I think you showed me)
that I can get a spinner to the bottom and hit most of the places im after.
If not, at least I had fun trying.

H
halibuthitman
I,LL be at the deadline in the blue dodge crewcab sitting in the dark waiting for daylight:D

S
Shale
I would be interested in hearing how the fishing was. I am planning on hitting the Wilson tomorrow (Fri.) Never fished this river so any tips are more than welcome!

G
GMR
Replanned to hit it tomorro early
I might go out for a short bit later today but who knows.

S
Shale
Well, I will be out there after I drop the kids off at school. Probably on the river around 9:00-9:30 ... if you see a maroon 2000 Blazer that's me! :) Dusting off my gear now!

G
GMR
Well going to try again. But going to do something a little different.
Im not going to try for salmon, im going to focus on trying to find a steelhead.
Just got a feelin.

If your out there and see a Blue Dakota with Canopy, say hi.