Hit the tractor pond after work with TT

F
Finneus Polebender
Hit the ol tractor pond after work , kept gettin hammered by the little guys ! stayed after it for about 20 minutes then I made another cast up under the trees and doink doink another little dude I thought . Set the hook and polebender special no little dude this time ! busted drag and towed the ol pontoon around for a couple minutes a fiesty 4lber. fished for another hour or so TT and I both caught a 12 incher each 10-7-10 002.jpg and he had another pretty nice one on and lost him in the sticks .Just goes to show where theres little ones there has to be at least a few biggins!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go you guys!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Joy ride

Joy ride

Hahaha,love it when fish take us for a ride,usually a roller-coaster ride ;) How much longer do you think the bass will be biting? Great job! :dance::dance:

F
Finneus Polebender
Raincatcher said:
Hahaha,love it when fish take us for a ride,usually a roller-coaster ride ;) How much longer do you think the bass will be biting? Great job! :dance::dance:

AHH the dreaded winter is fast approaching ! alas but think it will be just a few more weeks till they get way lethargic .water is cooling down quick here and the rains are a coming . will be finding out just how late they will bite now that the pond is right out back !

N
nwkiller
nice work, glad to see those bass are still biting!

T
tomriker
Any luck with your jigs?

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Any luck with your jigs?

Not lately been tryin them every where and every time I go out though !

R
ryan808
Try a shaky head worm, if the pond is clear and the bottom is fairly clear then the shaky might be the trick.

O
OnTheFly
Hey Polebender nice fish! You may find this odd but I have never caught a bass. Probably because I don't fish those waters but I just can't help to wonder how they would taste deep fried in batter. Basically Bass n' Chips. Can you comment?

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
Try a shaky head worm, if the pond is clear and the bottom is fairly clear then the shaky might be the trick.

Gotta find some of those weights I was talkin about to ya that may be the trick.Not much structure in the tractor pond and the fish seem to be magnetised to what little is there .Will have to get some more structure goin for them since they are kinda mine to play with !

T
tomriker
the scrap recycling junk yard down the road has half a dozen 14-20ish ft looking boats that have been sitting there rotting for as long as i can remember... im thinking abut going and asking if i can have them if i just haul them off. then i want to sink them in my pond and create some structure!

F
Finneus Polebender
OnTheFly said:
Hey Polebender nice fish! You may find this odd but I have never caught a bass. Probably because I don't fish those waters but I just can't help to wonder how they would taste deep fried in batter. Basically Bass n' Chips. Can you comment?

Catch and release myself but will tell ya when they come out of clear waters they are good whitefish best deep fried. Back in Ohio my grandfathers buddy would literaly fillet them alive and batter and fry and I would eat till I was sick they were so good ! the few I have tried years ago from the local ponds here kinda taste like the pond smells not so good!So I guess I am sayin if you can get them out of a resivoir or maybe the high lakes think youd have some great fried fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
the scrap recycling junk yard down the road has half a dozen 14-20ish ft looking boats that have been sitting there rotting for as long as i can remember... im thinking abut going and asking if i can have them if i just haul them off. then i want to sink them in my pond and create some structure!

Think that would be some great lunker magnets hear the real big ones are territorial and will hunker down in a coveted spot like that and ward off competitors . Might help us to isolate some of the monsters I know must be there !

R
ryan808
Round up all the Christmas trees after the holidays and throw them in the middle of the pond, that will be a nice break between the shore and the deep for those lunkers to hide.

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
Round up all the Christmas trees after the holidays and throw them in the middle of the pond, that will be a nice break between the shore and the deep for those lunkers to hide.

Thats funny my oldest stepson and i said after christmas we are gonna use conrete and coffee cans on our trees and sink em into the tractor pond.

T
tomriker
that's a good idea. and lol i just noticed that both your avatars are from my place. thats fun :)

perhaps ill just start looking on CL for free boats

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
that's a good idea. and lol i just noticed that both your avatars are from my place. thats fun :)

perhaps ill just start looking on CL for free boats

Think its time for a new one for me another from your place fo sure!