Hit the Clack this morning

B
Big3d
my buddy and I hit the clack this morning. Started across from clackamette boat launch, he got a big hit on a plunked spin n glo with fish candy eggs. Missed. Proceeded under the bridge. Saw about 6 ho's caught in the flossing alley hole. All on corkys with about 5 foot leaders :mad-new: i took the high road and stuck with spinners about a third of the way between the bridge and the hole. Tried plunking and drifting eggs on a normal length leader. I was rewardes with a single 4 inch bullhead... Guys were trying to convert us to the corky and long leader, of cohrse they weren't flossing or snagging. That's just how that area is fished they said. Left around noon with dignity but no salmon...

F
fishsauce
Props to you for keeping your dignity! Fish can be caught without having to stoop to that level.

T
troutmasta
Do you ever fish corkies?

The hardest slam I ever have is fall nooks on two corkie black yarn setup.

Not playing Devils advocate but a lot of successful fishing is done drifting the bottom with corkies and yarn.

I wasn't there and I love my hardware, but sometimes they just love corkies.

The only reason I brought this up is because I know a lot of people that never have fished corkies and never will, and they will call out any one they ever see doing it.

I have successfully fished them many times with vicious takes.

All the best out there and keep hammering that hardware.

S
steelie_killa
I dont understand y almost everyone assume a guy is trying to floss or snag a fish when theyre using a corkie yarn setup. Im a drift fisherman n thats my preferred method, i do throw hardware n bobber n jig depending on water coditions, versatility is the key to catching these fish. Like troutmasta, ive had a a lot of vicious takedown when drifting corkies, n i do kno if u constantly set the hook on a drift then most likely ur trying to floss/snag. My point is dont assume wat others r doin, unless its really obvious....

B
Big3d
I love corkys, it was more the cover the entire river with leader that was a bit sketch. I know a lot of people arent flossing, but a majority of fish were flossed out of that hole. For the record I saw a few people feeding the corky to the fish. And a few more feeding them line across the face! One guy was really nice, don't think he understood the why behind the 6 ft leader he had on. Just knew the other guys taught him that it works!

S
steelie_killa
I kno what ur talking about....that stretched rite there all u need is 6-8 ft leader n ur gauranteed a fish if a school pass by...lol

T
troutmasta
Wasn't trying to hate just curious.
Thanks for the clarification