History of Camp Adair

troutdude

troutdude

Hey Oregon history buffs, I met the author of this book about 7 years ago. He's an amazing man, who served at Camp Adair during WWII. Did you know, that Camp Adair was known as Oregon's 2nd largest city? That's right. Over 100,000 soldiers served at Adair in the 1940's. Now it is Oregon's largest ghost town. John's book is a great read. It is probably available from sources other than amazon, but here is that link:

Amazon.com: Camp Adair: The story of a World War II cantonment : today, Oregon's largest ghost town (9780971858350): John Harvard Baker: Books

S

Sinkline

Last edited:
S

strawberry shortcake

I've spent many a wonderful afternoon there birding with my ex and just strolling along the overgrown streets of what was once quite the "city". Great memories.

troutdude

troutdude

Hey SS, you should get a copy of John's book...you'll love it!

Maybe we'll see you out there at the old camp sometime. But, please kindly aim that new Henry the other direction...okay? lol

M

mahmichael

Hi guys, is this Pond still alive? Is there fish in there?!!

troutdude

troutdude

We really weren't talking about the pond in this thread.

But you're talking about EE Wilson. It is stocked w/ truck trout and has some redear's too. You can find out more by searching the archived threads on here.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Top Bottom