Hillsboro area where to go local?

I
I need stitches
Hello OFF people im new to the OFF. I'm semi-new to fishing and would like some help finding some local spots here near the Hillsboro area. I would like to stop sometimes after work. any suggestions?

Reactions: OnTheFly
N
ninja2010
welcome to the forum...

not sure what you're targeting, but the wilson is not too far - good river with lots of great spots to target salmonids.

T
troutzyk
hey stitch... for trout, bass and panfish go to Henry Hagg (there is a park fee though) Wilson (like ninja said) is good for your larger fish. anything else I fish is a bit farther of a drive

S
Spydeyrch
Hagg Lake and the Wilson were already mentioned and they are great places to hit. The Wilson is a beautiful river and even if you don't catch anything, the view is breath taking. I live here in Beaverton and there are some local creeks & streams around here that hold small populations of fish (Rainbows & Cut-throat). The creeks/streams are tributaries of the Tualatin River and so it is legal to retain 2 wild trout per day but I would suggest c&r so that future generations can enjoy them too.

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Stitch, I'm glad that you've joined us OFFaloes in our fishing quests.

Hagg has some HUGE trout (up to 20 pounds), that were planted last Fall by ODFW. It has also produced record sized Small Mouth Bass.

For much smaller trout, you can check to see if the South Yamhill is still open.

G
GMR
Depending when you get off work, The Wilson, The Sandy, and the Clackamas rivers are all within range.

I
I need stitches
Thanks to all for your welcoming , this will be a help. I might try the wilson this weekend for some trout not to familier with the wilson tho any good holes or ideas where I can set up?

N
ninja2010
there are pull offs all along the highway - every one has a good hole down below at the river. there're all kinds of fishable water on that river within a short distance from the highway. start high and work your way down, or vice versa...

good luck out there.

I
I need stitches
Thank You Ninja really appreciate it.

"There is no such thing as a normal life, There is just life"

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
You can look in the wilson river section of NW Oregon and find an interactive map thay may help. Another place is Lost lake down by Spruce Run park which is on the Nehalem river. Just a note distance wise, you can get to the Sandy or the Clack in less distance than going to Tillamook from Hillsboro.

S
Spydeyrch
Hey there stiches!!! I didn't know it was you. How are the boys doing? Hope your wife is ok with us hitting Hagg & the Wilson this weekend. We need to hit some of the local tributaries this weekend too and may be if we get lucky, our wives will let us hit clear lake too. hahahaha. Welcome to the forum, glad to see you finally here. Take care and see you soon.

-Spydey