hills creek update

N
nwkiller
went camping at hills creek, water is about 35-40 ft from full, saturday it was on and off sun, ended up catching 12 landlock nooks and 1 rainbow, sunday we got on the water around 9 am sun was shining and no wind and finished the day with 32 landlocked nooks and 2 nice rainbows, one was 13" and the other was 14"...amazing colors. they were caught on everything gold! it was a great weekend
tuckerhillscreek.jpg
chrishillscreek.jpg

T
Throbbit _Shane
very nice!! :D bet you guys had a great time.

T
TTFishon
Great looking fish! Good times. Thanks for the report.

R
Ray
I have vowed to hit that lake again. Last time I was there I was in the middle of the bloom. Can you share some details of who what where. Reason I ask as I just bought a boat (12ft. 8 horse) and I am new to the trolling thing. So I am trying to pick up how to's. Thanks

N
nwkiller
either bridges at hills creek and the damn are great trolling spots, just troll 20 ft off the bank with some gold spoons, ull be sure to nail them, seemed like the bigger fish hit around noon. oh and the bloom is a good thing until it gets super thick

N
nwkiller
thanks ts and tt

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you guys had a blast. last summer we killed them on fenders and worms a good 100' or so behind the boat no weight. slow trolling. Mostly 13-16" ers and a few smaller ones. Were there any size to any of the chinooks you guys got? And is the upper ramp in the water yet?

Troutski
Troutski
Great looking fish

Great looking fish

Great lake, those gold spoons...gotta love 'em. Never camped up there, live close enough to make a day trip worth the gas. Thanks for the update and the pictures....great looking fish:clap::dance:.

Chuck

N
nwkiller
good luck chuck!
andy, all the nooks were small, average 8 inches. Fenders were working good for us to but sunday the sun was so bright you could see bout 20 ft down, they were hittin everything

N
nwkiller
heres a pic from a friends camera..........the dog wanted to sleepin instead of going fishing.......we werent waiting for him.......
hillscrk.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
Now i am gonna have to get up there. water looks nice. where you launch at?

N
nwkiller
i forget the name of the ramp, but it the one toward the right side of the lake, at the far bridge, ramps alittle ruff but maybe the next couple days will fill the lake for a proper launch