Hills Creek Lake fishing reports 2020

Bassman

Hey I went fishing at hills creek lake today.. it was very cold but dry .. the fishing was great lots of bites the fish was size between 12'' to 17' inch long the good old power bait was a good a bait to use the lake is producing lots of fish ok back to fishing

4labs

Great to hear.
Were there any boats out trolling and did you happen to see the ramp?
According to the graph it shows to be almost empty .
Plants start next month at Dorena,CG ,Dexter and Hills.
Should be fun. I'll hit the shore line soon.

Bassman

no I have been to the ramp but I will be going up there Wednesday to check the ramp at Packard boat ramps

Bassman

Good morning Saturday25 I tried fishing at Packard boat ramp no bites the water was very . muddy from the rain ok I fish for two hr than bail out other people were putting their boats in the they said they have been doing pretty good trolling next Saturday I be trolling in my boat the winter bass should start biting good luck to all .

4labs

so are they launching in the mud or is there pavement ? and what size boats ? 12ft alum and drift boats or 20 ft north rivers
went by CG and its super low but that's exactly what Troutski graph shows
Thanks

4labs

Made it to HCR today for the first time. Yes its realllly low but launching at the ramp is easy and on pavement. Saw 3 boats
We bank fished for the first time in 30yrs.
Caught 2 14" on powerbait(mouse tail) and a chrome crocodile
Only fin clipped rainbows are allowed to protect the bull trout. Got checkd by FG Trooper. Rumors of walleye
Make sure you turn on RD 21. I didn't and ended up in Deliverance Land
LOP is doable and saw boats on it
Water kinda green-brown vis about 3ft. Saw some big fish jumping mid lake
Plants start next week

Last edited: