Hills Creek and kids ?????

J
JayT_B
Is there some place on Hills Creek to go with kids and bank fish with some luck? Only place we have fished so far was off to the side of the south bridge off what look to be an old boat ramp. Preferably some place quiet not from a campground and so forth.

Jason

Troutski
Troutski
Middle fork area

Middle fork area

Try the Middle Fork behind the bridge, remember no bait in the river but the lake where the river meets is open for bait. Very nice section of water. Best of luck where ever you find yourself...tight lines.

Chuck

N
nwkiller
careful of the algae bloom, but i would check out the bridge to the east side and the bridge to the north

N
nwkiller
infact go to the tackle spot there in oakridge, that guy knows it all!!!

J
JayT_B
If I may ask,where exactly is the middle fork?

Troutski
Troutski
Packard Creek...

Packard Creek...

JayT_B said:
If I may ask,where exactly is the middle fork?

The Middle Fork Of the Willy is the river coming into Hills Creek in the back of the largest arm of the lake. If you approach the lake on the road that passes Packard Creek camp ground, keep going until you come to a bridge that crosses the lake; this is the Middle Fork, great lake to wet a line. As was mentioned before; keep an eye on the water quality - it is a very serious condition. Salt Creek is also a great bet for bank angling, stocked Rainbows prevail in this body of water...one of the best places is where Salt Creek meets the Middle Fork coming out of Hills creek res.- tough to get to but well worth the effort.
Tight lines

Chuck