Hills Creek 2/16

B
Brokenrod
Took my nephews up Monday morning for our first trip of the new-year. It was a great day, with almost no wind and about 45-50 degrees. We spent almost 6 hours fishing. We ended up with one hold-over stocker rainbow and one native, both about 14 inches. Worked out great, because both the boys had a chance to reel in a fish. Lots of fish real deep, but the two we caught were around 8-10 feet.

M
mikeredding
Very nice. Where were you fishing at? I was born and raised in Oakridge and have spent a lot of time on that lake.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Family tradition...

Family tradition...

Brokenrod;
Awwww,that is the kind of story that warms my cockles. I love hearing about adults passing along the wonderful sport of fishing to the next generation. We can do no better than to share our knowledge and hope they will carry on the tradition. Way to go! Oh, and taking home a couple of fish was a nice touch. Be safe.
Barb

B
Brokenrod
We were up toward the river end of the lake. Last year around this time, maybe a little later, I was up there and caught ten or more in the same area. But there was more water in the lake at that time and may have something to do with it. We kept only the one stocker, but I was trying to make a clear message to the youngsters that you don't get to keep everything you catch.

Troutski
Troutski
Favorite Res...

Favorite Res...

Great to hear, this is my favorite res. for winter angling. I have been learning this lake for the last twenty odd years and I must admit with out hesitation that it has a great population of fish; Bass,Crappie,Land Locked Chinook,Cutbows,Rainbows, and of course Hatchery Trout. It doesn't get very much pressure during the winter, and during the rest of the year when it is full; plenty of room for everyone...very large res.

Chuck

M
mikeredding
You are right Chuck. There is a lot of good fishing for several different species. The bass are the newest addition to the Res. only first showing up in the early 80's. Prior to that it was a world class Crappie fishery. The bass almost wiped it out for a while but they have been on a steady comeback for quite some time.