Hills Cr. Reservoir advice/reports

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Hi everyone, I am going to take my dad and my 4 year old son trout fishing this coming weekend and I would like some pointers on fishing Hills Cr. I am experienced in trout fishing but not familiar with this water body. I would like to fish Hills creek for the chance of catching some nice trout. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and will be reciprocated with insider information on coastal/saltwater fishing reports!!!

Troutski
Troutski
Check out our archives, great body of water... if you need indep info shoot me a PM...
best of luck..

Chuck

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Well I went up to Hills Cr reservoir and had an epic day catching an unbelievable number of fish! Our conservative estimates put our numbers 120-150 for three of us. They hit anything and everything we threw at them. We must have had a massive school of fish in front of us. Average fish was about 13”, largest was 17”. All holdover trout from past years. All fish were caught from the shore. Worms 3’ under a float and silver/blue cast master spoon were the kryptonite. I won’t tell where but look for water inlets to find the fish.

Reactions: Admin
troutdude
troutdude
MOST excellent! Well done; and thanks for the report!

4labs
4labs
That's more trout than I caught in my whole life ! Sounds like fishing in a trout pond Troutski has always talked highly of hills but I pass it up on the way to odell
Any boats out ?

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
There were a few boats out, but not a ton. Weather was great, best day of trout fishing I’ve ever had. It’s how I would imagine it would be fishing in a show pond. :D

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Limits for my dad, my friend, me and our three kids. A day to remember!

1.jpg

Reactions: Southpaw and Admin