Hike- in lake brookies

S
steelhead_slayer
ive been doing research on central oregon hike in lakes to catch my first brook trout on a fly rod. books and old posts are only getting me so far. im hoping the knowledge and experience here can get me pointed in the right direction. does anyone want to share their opinions on the subject? im leaning toward corbet snow park lakes with the family, and olallie lakes with friends. thanks

Last edited:
D
Damon79
The Erma Belles are all good lakes. Never been there but know people who have fished them a lot. The lakes are up near Waldo Lake.. If you want to go a little farther, go the Six Lakes Trail head on Cascade Lakes Hwy. There is some very nice lakes up there as well. Cliff lake is great..

F
FlyBum
Well the Deschutes between Crane and Little L hold a ton of Brookies. I don't fish the lakes so couldn't really tell you, but have fished Hosmer a couple times and caught some Brookies. But here's one from today on the D.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
S
steelhead_slayer
i'll have to look at those lakes too. thanks. gorgeous fish flybum. same flies work up there for brookies as for rainbows on the rest of the river?

F
FlyBum
steelhead_slayer said:
i'll have to look at those lakes too. thanks. gorgeous fish flybum. same flies work up there for brookies as for rainbows on the rest of the river?

Ya, for the most part, they really do like flashy stuff though. The best way to target these chunkers are the deep pools and swinging under the undercut banks these little hogs love the grab and go!!! :)

Troutski
Troutski
Waldo Lake...

Waldo Lake...

If you don't mind the drive you may consider Waldo Lake, a truly untouched Brookie resource. You can even drive in....just a thought.
Tight lines.

Chuck

PA130028.jpg