High water??

S
skyflys
I stopped by the clakamas river today and the water was really high and dirty. I'm sure due to the heavy rains. How dose this affect the fishing? Dose this make it better or worse. I opted not to fish it this afternoon not knowing weather it was worth it or not. Thanks

M
metalmania
High dirty water makes it more difficult, but not impossiable to catch fish. Fish will move closer to the bank to avoid fast water and all the sediment and debris.

J
just1nook
High Fast rising water in general is not ideal for catching. The fish are still there but are more than likely on the move. They will tend to travel closer to the bank to get out of the flow. Try more visible presentations than in slower clearer water, ie bigger corkie, brighter yarn with contrast or bigger bait.

A
ArcticAmoeba
All you want to do is find that one color combo that contrasts well with the water turbidity, and tone. I have simplified my high water tactics this year, and it is paying off. All I have done is change the color, not necessarily the size of my drift presentations. And where I put them makes a lot of difference too, but ya know.:lol: Pink corkies, and pink yarn with pink eggs, or shrimp will not do much for you in high water, unless you hit them in the face with it. But something like pink bait, a white corkie, and purple yarn might work... But who's to say it does.;)

T
Thuggin4Life
I think there is a thread on the same topic in the steelhead section. Same idea.

F
FishSlayer420
Yes Sir.