Hey help please

Z
zarboth
YouTube - help identify my pole

could you guys watch that vieo and tell me if you think my rod is strong anoulf for salmon of any sort and if so what should i use.

ps ignore that reel loli took it off and threw it away i got a slamon/steelhead reel now

Z
zarboth
why no replies?

N
nwkiller
it looks good to me, throw some 15 to 20 lb test lie on it and your ready

Z
zarboth
well i think the reel mu uncal gave to me witch is for salmon has that but ive never fished for salmon what do i use is it hard?

D
DuckWorth
put some new fishing line on it , I would go with a quality 15-20 lb test line not the bottem shelf 1000 yards for 6.99 get some good line .
then what to use ? where you fishing form them ?

Z
zarboth
i dont know ): maby coulumbia most likely sandy rivver

F
fishingfreak
To me it looks like it is about 9' or 9'6" and MH to Heavy. I think it would make a good Bobber/Floating Rod. I would have it spooled with 15lb Maxima and run 12lb Leader and get ready for some Coho on the Sandy or Clack. If you fish the Columbia I would go with some heavier line like 20 and 15lb leader depending on the reel. You could try drifting with it but it looks to heavy to feel light bites. Good luck buddy. Hope ya catch some soon. Thats my thoughs.

FF

Z
zarboth
what do i use and what month do i go?

F
fishingfreak
This my 1st Coho season. I am going use my Salmon and Steelhead eggs, Spinners, Spoons, etc. I would start going right after the 1st good rain. The fish are at the mouth waiting to run up both rivers.

FF