Herman Creek

F
FishFinger
Salmon and Steelhead are holding here by the 1000s. Fish rolling everywhere. Nookers, Silvers, and Steelhead. We had about 1 1/2 hour to fish. From what I was told, the action was insain earlier in the day but cooled as evening advanced. We couldn't entice any strikes. I think our timing was bad as the creek seemed to go slack and then the current began to slowly flow in the other direction.

Purple cured prawns & bobbers are the hot set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
F
FishSchooler
Those people wading up to their wastes just might be wading into where the fish are... :rolleyes:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hey Dan, Took a curious bud out yesterday, and we went to Dahl Park for a little fish spotting action...Well it turned out we experimented a little with what we talked about with the 'toon. It is going to be wicked unfair if we do it. Buddy had two hard head shakes before I could get back in, and subsequently lost the fish, so another reel up, and no bait. Switched to a sweet plug I have never used, and same thing. Big shake, before I could get back to the rod. But all in all I have found the lane I guess, and wont give it up for the world!:D;) Lots of interested folks pokin heads out of windows...

A
ArcticAmoeba
FishSchooler said:
Those people wading up to their wastes just might be wading into where the fish are... :rolleyes:

They are at Herman Creek. The fish channel through a "slot," or "chute." You need waders, or even better a 'toon, or Jon boat to effectively fish the infamous "Slot" at Herman Creek...

F
FishFinger
Yes... Glad you got a chance to experiment. I'm working on lining up toon myself. Got a .357 I am thinking about trading.

Hits before you got back to the rod? We gotta work in tandum, it's a strat that requires a little buddy to be sure, and your right; wicked unfair.

I'll check the regs, but I think we can run 3 hooks, if so it could be a murder scene.

* if you happen to venture out to Herman Creek and take the cut off under the railroad bridge... Make sure you are off the hatchery site by 8:30 prompt. They pitched a fit at 8:32 as I was trying to leave. Inspite of all the guys cursing, I looked him in the eye and say "We'll then, what's for dinner. If your not going to let me out the least you can do is feed me...." He told me to "F off" and he pushed the button and opened the gate.

ArcticAmoeba said:
Hey Dan, Took a curious bud out yesterday, and we went to Dahl Park for a little fish spotting action...Well it turned out we experimented a little with what we talked about with the 'toon. It is going to be wicked unfair if we do it. Buddy had two hard head shakes before I could get back in, and subsequently lost the fish, so another reel up, and no bait. Switched to a sweet plug I have never used, and same thing. Big shake, before I could get back to the rod. But all in all I have found the lane I guess, and wont give it up for the world!:D;) Lots of interested folks pokin heads out of windows...

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
FishFinger said:
Yes... Glad you got a chance to experiment. I'm working on lining up toon myself. Got a .357 I am thinking about trading.

Hits before you got back to the rod? We gotta work in tandum, it's a strat that requires a little buddy to be sure, and your right; wicked unfair.

I'll check the regs, but I think we can run 3 hooks, if so it could be a murder scene.

* if you happen to venture out to Herman Creek and take the cut off under the railroad bridge... Make sure you are off the hatchery site by 8:30 prompt. They pitched a fit at 8:32 as I was trying to leave. Inspite of all the guys cursing, I looked him in the eye and say "We'll then, what's for dinner. If your not going to let me out the least you can do is feed me...." He told me to "F off" and he pushed the button and opened the gate.

Sounds like you pushed his button, why did he have to bring OFF into it ?;)

Chuck

F
FishFinger
Troutski said:
Sounds like you pushed his button, why did he have to bring OFF into it ?;)

Chuck

Honestly, I didn't want to create a problem with this guy. I'd much prefer to meet others with a smile and a handshake; he on the other hand being the gate keeper allowed his perceived power to go to his head.

I wonder if his attitude would have been different had he noticed I was packing heat? Would he have been so eager to escalate the situation over something as stupid as being 2 minutes tardy for the gate closure?

I suppose everything worked out as it should. I still had my waders on thus concealing my side arm, so what he didn't know didn't hurt him... If he felt better after cussing up a storm then perhaps I help him get it out of his system, rather than him giving his wife a beat down so he could feel once again "he's the man in charge"

Troutski
Troutski
Hand gun...

Hand gun...

Better to have had one and not need it - than to have needed it and not have it..
Sometimes just having one keeps you calmer, there is a famous quote "A well armed society is a very polite society". As you can attest, good for him you kept your cool. Who knows maybe he is a lurker on this site and he just got the s&%# scared out of himself. Have a great day, you deserve one.

Chuck