Herman Creek Fishing

J
jathrtn
Just wondering if maybee someone could help me out with information on how to reach the area where ppl fish at herman creek for summers. A buddy of mine was telling me that this is a pretty good steelhead fishery and i wanted to go check it out for myself. He told me that the best place to target steelies is close to the mouth where the creek spills into the colubia. Me and my wife took a drive up there but didn't really see where ppl were parking to fish. Do you have to park at the campground and hike in to the mouth or what. Anyone the can help it is appreciated.:think:

M
Mike123
I've been there twice. Lots of coho and steelies stack up there. a lot of greedy "anglers" resort to snagging. If you go out in a floating device away from the snagging you can do pretty good on a variety of methods.. spinners, plugs, float and jig or bait.

J
jathrtn
Where to park for creek access?

Where to park for creek access?

:think:Thanx for the info man, but im still not sure were to park so that i can get creek access. i drove up there to check it out today, but i didn't see anywhere where people were parking for creek access. I drove by herman creek campground and i stopped and asked a few forestry department people and they seemed unsure as well my buddy made it seem like you park right off the side of the road and hike in:think:. Is there a day use are inside the campground that i have to park at and then hike in? I drove around and searched some back roads but i didn't see an area where people were parking there vehicle and hiking in. If someone can help with this kind of information it would be appreciated.

M
Mike123
There's a little fish hatchery there.. you gotta drive under some old rail road tracks. Theres a small boat ramp. Look on Google maps.

C
cascadekathy
yes take forest lane north by the bear pellet mill go to end of road before it turns to dirt take left staying on pavement go up the small hill turn at 1st right follow to mouth of herman creek you can put in your small boat there but be aware that the mouth as of today has quite a few nets across it but still there is room to fish. the fish are here!