Herman Creek summers????

T
Troutier Bassier
I heard that Herman creek is a favorite fishing spot for steelhead of my dad. He says one year he limited out on steelhead alone, For the whole year (20 steels). So I asked and I went there, Saw some big Ugly fish there, Couldent tell if they were salmon or steelhead cause I was little. So dose anyone have some expirence there for steelhead or Salmon??? Cause I REALLY want to atleast land one, (Ive never caught a Salmon/Steelhead :( )

Diehard
Diehard
a little help

a little help

ive fished there a handful of times i personally havent done real well there but my my friends do alright ive seen steelys caught on fly's but bober fish'n is the way i was shown fish around the mouth of the creek with purple coon stipe shrimp or pink fish your bait a little over halfway down not sure how deep it is right now but halfway down should get you pretty close good luck

T
Troutier Bassier
Thanks. Thats generally where I was, The mouth and there were a million people in waders fishing there.

M
Mike123
Herman Creek is probably one of the least glamorous places to fish in Oregon.
There are lots of fish in there, but it's just a hugeee snag festival. :rolleyes:
If you got a boat you can troll around the mouth there and do well on plugs and spinners. I think all the snagging that goes on with the bankies turns the bite off real quick.

B
bassman503
DUde 2 years ago when i used to fish for stealheads with my cousin, we caught atleast 2 each everytime we went there. If u ever heard of an asian guy named Adam that sells These jigs that he makes, i used to fish with him.

B
bassman503
I loved that place. It was soo fun fishing there. THis is no lie. When we fished there we were the only ones catching fish, NO LIE. Everybody always came up to us and asked us wut we were using. Our method was 20lb toughline with 7 ft of flourocarbon with a clear bobber and tooth pick along with his purple "bionic leech" jig.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, You need to Hook me up with These jigs.

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
Ok, You need to Hook me up with These jigs.

I dont know if he still makes them but they were amazinggg. No lie.

T
Troutier Bassier
What do they Look like??? Do you have a picture????

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
What do they Look like??? Do you have a picture????

they were purple with black hair or something with these sparkly tiny strings and these black strings that look like spinner bait skirts. yea it looked like a bass jig. he actually caught a few smallies with them while stealie fishing. Sorry no i dont have a pic of them.

T
Troutier Bassier
Nice Descrition (Sarcasam).

I Kinda can imagie it. Did you just drift these in the Channel or what???

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
Nice Descrition (Sarcasam).

I Kinda can imagie it. Did you just drift these in the Channel or what???

LOL thanks dude. yea i can't describe things XD. I drifted them in the creek.

T
Troutier Bassier
Hmmmm, I can't wait till I go in July, I might go to the Sandy Tomarrow.

B
bassman503
Dude ur lucky, I haven't fished for stealie for such a longg timeee.

T
Troutier Bassier
Your lucky, Ive never fished for steelies.

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
Your lucky, Ive never fished for steelies.

wait your going to sandy for wut then?

T
Troutier Bassier
Steelhead, Kings

M
Mike123
This thread makes me LOL.

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
Steelhead, Kings

Wth u jus said that you've never fished for stealies, So i guess this is your first time stealie fishing????:think:

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, Ive never fished for Steels so I wanted to go today for the First time, But I dident.

1). Mom said no.
2). My friends dad was busy so He couldent drive us.