Her first steelie! Jan. 1st 2015

my2labs
my2labs
My wife started fishing with me in October. Her first fish ever was a dark Chinook taken above Cedar Creek. After that, I bought her a TFO 9' spinning rod for Christmas with a Mitchell 300 Pro reel and Jan 1st this hog couldn't resist her pink worm with a small egg sack under a float. If you never have, take your wife out when fish are in. The day she brings in a chromer like this is something special!!! Happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my2labs
my2labs
Here's the missing photo 5250899096a3ab51498f8fe93a72cf34.jpg

Reactions: ChezJfrey
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, congrats to both of you! teamwork!

my2labs
my2labs
Thank you sir! It was awesome!

C_Run
C_Run
Congratulations to your wife. Yesterday I was instructing my wife on the fine art of swinging spoons but neither of us were so fortunate.

my2labs
my2labs
I started her off with float fishing. No snags, easy presentation etc. seemed to be the ticket. I also told her to please let me know when she's ready to leave before she's bored or cold etc. the trips are shorter at times than I'd like but she just keeps getting more interested. Good luck to you! She'll get into one soon!

C_Run
C_Run
my2labs said:
I started her off with float fishing. No snags, easy presentation etc. seemed to be the ticket. I also told her to please let me know when she's ready to leave before she's bored or cold etc. the trips are shorter at times than I'd like but she just keeps getting more interested. Good luck to you! She'll get into one soon!

I actually did the same last winter and she briefly hooked one on a pink worm about ten minutes into her first steelhead trip. However, I had not told her the part about setting the hook.:sad: But later, we went on some guided trips during the summer where she got to experience the joy of catching some steelhead. It's definitely more fun than when she used to sit in the truck reading a book. That didn't work for either of us.

C
ChezJfrey
That is a nice fish! Excellent work and congrats for your wife's first steelhead.

my2labs
my2labs
C_Run said:
It's definitely more fun than when she used to sit in the truck reading a book. That didn't work for either of us.

Agreed. Been there. I think I got pretty lucky with her catching a chinook last fall on her 2nd trip out. It ran and ran.... She landed it and now..... The books are on the shelf, and the rod is in the water. Hopefully we can keep it going in that direction.

my2labs
my2labs
ChezJfrey said:
That is a nice fish! Excellent work and congrats for your wife's first steelhead.

Thanks!

F
flocaster
Congats man, looks like you found yourself one of the "good ones"...lol

my2labs
my2labs
flocaster said:
Congats man, looks like you found yourself one of the "good ones"...lol

I'm definitely the lucky one.

Reel_Deal