Hendricks to Bellinger... Safety alert!

R
rippin fish lips
About half way down the float, during the winter, a bunch of trees got piled up in the river causing river rock to pile up behind them. It looks confusing when you get up to it, but there is 3 or 4 different shoots now, there is one you can take to the RIGHT that is deep enough (we didn't take it, it looked promising but we didn't try it as for the left looked better) there is a MIDDLE shoot (too shallow its obvious u wouldnt make it) and there is one to the LEFT with a little deeper water and a tree you have to go around (it will be to the right of u as you go down this shoot) it gets shallow, you might scrape a little but we managed to do it just fine... for you ppl that float this section you will see what im talking about, just a heads up! i think this should be put as a STICKY as i am looking out for HAZARDS and other peoples LIFES/SAFETY on the water. would hate to see someone lose a LIFE to this SECTION of river...

i saw rafters and tubers floating this last year, and they were doing ok... i wouldnt recomend this float for them this year just because of this (section) of river this year. it high and fast and easy right now, but once this water keeps dropping that section is going to get a little tricky...

If this is in the wrong section which i dont think it is since its on the (mac) please feel free to move it mods!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: beaverfan and brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
nice job on warning people of hazards RFL :clap:

Reactions: beaverfan
R
rippin fish lips
going to float it again and tomorrow and check it out again, see what it looks like now.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Stickied. Good job. Let us know if it clears up.

Reactions: beaverfan
R
rippin fish lips
ok so the when u see this, its pretty obvious of what im talkin about, i big tree with mutiple banches coming off it and others around it. STAY LEFTall the wat through, since the water is dropping its all getting pushed to the left, you go around this log that has WHITE WATER in frontof it, it will be on ur right side as u go down ths shoot. the deep water is on the left along the bank, there is a nice shoot. u might scape a little but u should be fine. hope this helps. sorry no pictures! ill try to get some and post em here as a map/river guide for this part of that float. its pretty easy right now. just think the pics would help for the first timers this year.

R
rippin fish lips
UPDATE... i guess i should add this one to, at the end of the henricks to bellingers float, before henricks you have one last set of fast water to go through, on the left will be the bank with a bunch of trees, branches, all kinds of HAZARDAS debris there. the current will want to pull you in it... so stick left outa the back current alont the left bank. i have seens popped rafts/balls/boats there... have even seen a few drift boaters and rafters get sucked into that stuff cuz they werent payin atenition... people please pay attention and take caution on this stretch!! It will not care if you want to live or not...

R
rippin fish lips
2012/2013. about half way down, you come to 4 splits. Starting from Left to right you have... split 1, ssplit 2, split 3, and split 4. The shoot as of now is the "split number 3, it is kinda easy to see it. This is for any of you new timers out there. It is narrow and is at about 10 feet wide.

D
Damquick
rippin fish lips said:
2012/2013. about half way down, you come to 4 splits. Starting from Left to right you have... split 1, ssplit 2, split 3, and split 4. The shoot as of now is the "split number 3, it is kinda easy to see it. This is for any of you new timers out there. It is narrow and is at about 10 feet wide.

three guys got stuck on split three 2 weeks ago. I witnessed the the whole thing and have video of mckenzie and springfield search and rescue getting them out . I have always taken split 2 but last saturday it was getting very low. split three has that huge root wad on the right side I considered taking it but don't want to end up in trouble like the others.

R
rippin fish lips
Damquick said:
three guys got stuck on split three 2 weeks ago. I witnessed the the whole thing and have video of mckenzie and springfield search and rescue getting them out . I have always taken split 2 but last saturday it was getting very low. split three has that huge root wad on the right side I considered taking it but don't want to end up in trouble like the others.

Split number 3 going from left to right is the channel to take now. The only way i see them getting stuck is at the bottom of it where the "rock bar" is. it gets maybe 7" deep at its deepest point.... maybe less. If you take Split number two now... You are asking for death, or you will be dragging your boat across the rock bar back to the right shoot. I believe we went around the root wad to the left.

Breaking the channels up...... Two splits on left side, 1 split in the middle, and 1 split on the right side of the river.

If you take the far left one (split 1)... plain and simple you may die. Dont take it.... Be smart!

If you take Split 2 there is a chance of dying, and a 100% chance of getting out to walk your boat over the rock bar. There is a tree going across this channel on the down side of it, that you cannot see when coming up to this stretch. Dont take it!!

If you take ((split 3)) you are in the right shoot as of now, just be ready to come up to really shallow water, possible scraping, The "pool" will be right after it, and from there you can continue your river journey.

If you take Split 4, on the far right side, be ready to dodge tress and logs... then it shoots you into the bank with overhanging trees/branches. (don't take it now) Very high chance of sinking the boat. I advise you not to take it...

Stay on shoot number 3!!

Split number 3!!

Number 3.

Last edited: