Hemlock Lake

H
heystoopid01
Has anybody been fishing up at Hemlock Lake in Glide? If so, how was it?

Last edited by a moderator:
L
lechner
I've always wanted to hit up Hemlock with my canoe but just haven't had the time. Photos of the lake and surrounding area (which are interconnected via several trailheads) are breathtaking:

You will likely find brook trout and some rainbows, although probably more of the former since ODFW does not stock Hemlock as frequently as other lakes.

Definitely post some pics or at least a review if you ever make it down there!

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Belated welcome & new welcome....

Belated welcome & new welcome....

Hey, welcome aboard you two!! :dance: I don't know how you slipped by all of us,heystoopid01,sorry about that. :think: Don't let that put you off from posting your questions,tips or pics, as we always appreciate any participation. Thanks for answering the question,lechner. :clap: I have no idea where Hemlock is myself. What part of the state is it (or you guys) located in? Looks like a great place to spend the day. Keep us posted on any trips you make out there. You might run into another member or two.
Barb

F
fishudedmeet
sound worth a try

M
Mustangdan23
Was up there about two weekends ago when they planted the trophy trout. Tons of people counted like 29 boats at one time. Fishing from the bank not great for us I caught one. Boat or tube is the best no motors on the lake either. There was a guy with a fly pole that was just hooken them time after time, go that route. Nice campground up there to if you want to stay.

Good Luck

B
Boywhofishes
how many trophies stocked?...:think:

M
Mustangdan23
They planted 1500 2+ lbers

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to OFF...heystoopid01

Welcome to OFF...heystoopid01

I also would like to welcome you heystoopid01 to the site, nothing better than getting a lurker on board. That lake sounds great, no motors is becoming a standard on the smaller lakes, thankfully I picked up a toon this year. Look forward to some of your pictures ...

Chuck

F
fishudedmeet
this reminds me, has any1 ever heard of gordon lakes?:think:

O
oldhippie
fishudedmeet said:
this reminds me, has any1 ever heard of gordon lakes?:think:

Yup, I've fished there, very cool spot, floating bog, nice cuts.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Retired Hippie to Oldhippie

Retired Hippie to Oldhippie

oldhippie said:
Yup, I've fished there, very cool spot, floating bog, nice cuts.

Welcome to the most informative fishing forum on the west coast,oldhippie! Glad to have you join and contribute at the same time. What a way to make an entrance. A floating bog? You don't have any pictures by any chance,do you? That sounds eerie...perfect spot for a Halloween fishing trip. I can't seem to locate it. What are the general specs? Maybe I can catch my first cut there. Anyway, welcome aboard,I think there are four or five of us "old hippies" on here.
Barb

O
oldhippie
Raincatcher said:
Welcome to the most informative fishing forum on the west coast,oldhippie! Glad to have you join and contribute at the same time. What a way to make an entrance. A floating bog? You don't have any pictures by any chance,do you? That sounds eerie...perfect spot for a Halloween fishing trip. I can't seem to locate it. What are the general specs? Maybe I can catch my first cut there. Anyway, welcome aboard,I think there are four or five of us "old hippies" on here.
Barb

Thanks!

It's a pair of lakes at about 4000ft east of Sweethome up highway 20. I don't have any pics but you can walk out on the bog at the far end of the lake. The best fishing is in the first lake you reach from the parking, very short walk.

K
KLIZ1953
Hemlock lake

Hemlock lake

Tried to go to hemlock lake to fish today. Still snow on the road so wasn't able to get there. When the snow is gone, it is awesome there. Small lake, no boats with gas motors--can use oars or an electric motor. Fishing is great at all points around the lake. Have to get to some places by boat. They usually stock about 6,500 fish there before free fishing weekend, but don't know if the did or not. Could have flown them in??? Has a great camp ground and a nice boat ramp. We usually fish by the dam spill-way and always catch our limits--and they are nice size fish. Please come visit--it is truly a wonderful campground. It is run by Umpqua National Forest. WILL POST PICTURES AS SOON AS I CAN GET UP THERE!!!!!

Last edited:
T
Team CF
How big are the fish in there? I really want to take a camping trip up there this summer I was up in that area a few times for work this summer and its just awesome.

K
KLIZ1953
Hemlock lake

Hemlock lake

We have gotten some 6 pounders out of there before. We were fishing the arm in the lake that is on the south end. Awesome--they stock it with some bigger fish every year and some of those are 12 to 15 inches long i have seen them stock it and they do put a lot of bigger fish in the lake!!!