Help!

J

Johnny Southpaw

I thought OFF would be a great resource for helping me find a place to take my wife fishing/camping for a weekend. We'd like to find something in the Mt. Hood area or somewhere not too far from portland. Looking for a place to pitch a tent and catch some trout. Will also have a dog. Any suggestions out there?

O

OneMore

My vote Harriet lake. Me and my wife have spent a lot of time up there and love it. There is a camp site right on the lake you can pay for but it is a little crude no showers and only one outhouse. There is also a lot of free spots around there if you dont mind being a little away from the lake.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Lot of places near Mt Hood but there is a fair amount of snow up there right now. There was snow at the pass level today. One place to catch a few trout this time of year that should be snow free is Rock Creek Reservior and a OK camp ground. Harriet is a lot closer though.

B

bdogdt47

Take your warm woolies

Take your warm woolies

Its pretty cold right now in the Mt. Hood area, unless you are up for cold nights. I hear the weather is supposed to be pretty good over the weekend. A nice place to go later in the summer is Timothy Lake. Its a pretty good sized lake and has a good population of trout. If you have a boat or canoe, you can take crawdad traps as it is a great crawdad fishery (or at least used to be). Be careful if you use a small boat, as the wind can come up pretty suddenly. People like to take their sailboats up to this lake, so that should tell you something.

If you just want to do a day trip, Hagg Lake on Highway 47 between Forrest Grove and Gaston is a good bet. It has a good trout population and lots of picnic and areas to play.

Have a great time, wherever you go. Sounds like you will have a beautiful weekend. Oops, this is Oregon, I should not have said that......

P

PDXKush

Its pretty cold right now in the Mt. Hood area, unless you are up for cold nights. I hear the weather is supposed to be pretty good over the weekend. A nice place to go later in the summer is Timothy Lake. Its a pretty good sized lake and has a good population of trout. If you have a boat or canoe, you can take crawdad traps as it is a great crawdad fishery (or at least used to be). Be careful if you use a small boat, as the wind can come up pretty suddenly. People like to take their sailboats up to this lake, so that should tell you something.

I second this as all my guide buddy's talk about is Timothy Lake. I think you will be happy as they stock it well. Good Luck and pack your winter gear :).

J

Johnny Southpaw

Thanks for the info OFFers, I knew I could count on some good feedback! Much appreciated!