Help with a little trout fisher

T
Thuggin4Life
Does any one have a life jacket for a toddler I could borrow for the weekend. Me and my Brother are going to Wickiup and want to take the nephew out with me so the girls can sleep in while we fish. Also what are the rules for the little guys. I'm pretty sure its life jacket always but can you put out a pole for them even though it would almost be like fishing an extra pole?

M
marshworm
Thuggin4Life said:
Does any one have a life jacket for a toddler I could borrow for the weekend. Me and my Brother are going to Wickiup and want to take the nephew out with me so the girls can sleep in while we fish. Also what are the rules for the little guys. I'm pretty sure its life jacket always but can you put out a pole for them even though it would almost be like fishing an extra pole?

Thuggin,
Take the youngster fishing, and have a pole for him by all means. You can't teach kids to fish at too young an age. I started all my kids and grandkids just as soon as they asked to go.
Of course you don't want a youngster flailing a hook in the air or trying to take a hook out so you are going to do those things, but having them play the fish and deal with it after taking the hook out is all good stuff.

Have a good time and make sure the wee ones wear their life jackets at ALL times when they are in the boat. Only makes sense and it is the law.

Have a good trip!

Troutski
Troutski
Two things...

Two things...

You can take a kid fishing or you can go fishing with a kid...you can't do both.
Oh yea bring lots of candy and soda pop, keeps the kids calm all day long...;)
Stop by I have a life vest for you...FREE

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
Troutski said:
You can take a kid fishing or you can go fishing with a kid...you can't do both.
Oh yea bring lots of candy and soda pop, keeps the kids calm all day long...;)
Stop by I have a life vest for you...FREE

Chuck

Candy and soda huh? Not to sure about that one. Thanks for the vest man I'll call you this evening if I can find some time. Very busy.

K
kfallscody
Also make sure you bring something to occupy the childs time if the fishing is slow. My GF's 5 year old has an attention span of about 10 minutes without a bite. Once ten minutes is up, he is done for a while and wants to play.

Just like the others have said, if the bite is on don't plan on doing any fishing for yourself. Whenever I take the boy out I bring my rig but understand it may never even get used. Although when the kid is catching fish after fish, I don't really miss fishing myself. The smile and look on his face is way more satisfying than catching fish myself. :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Hopefully something will keep him entertained since we will be out on my boat. Might not go due to thunderstorms.

F
fish 4 fun
How big is the kid i will give him a jacket to keep. I believe in them whole heartedly. Still make my 170 pound 13 year old wear his. call if you are interested i live in Thurston 513-3944

Last edited:
Reactions: Troutski
T
Thuggin4Life
My nephew isn't making this trip and neither is his mom. She decided not to go when she found out it was more of a fishing trip than a camping trip. My brother still wants to take his kid out on the boat with us sometime soon even though she is hesitant about. He is 2 1/2 and about average size for a kid. When I was 5 and my brother was 3 we lived in southeast Alaska and we fished the ocean in my dads 14' lund so I can't believe how weird that she is being about letting him out on the boat. I think I got one already. Thanks a lot guys.

F
FishSlayer420
So are you goin or not?

T
Thuggin4Life
If I don't go to jail I am going but the little guy isn't making this trip.