Help me send my kidney to summer in Sydney

L

lizardman

As the old George Carlin routine goes "I send my sinuses to Arizona; I send my liver to Peru; I send my lungs and my kidneys to summer in Sydney; but I'm sending my heart to you"....

Well I have been battling a kidney stone for the last two weeks.... Went to the emergency room a week ago Monday where the medical staff performed a urine test, blood test, and a CT scan to confirm that it was indeed a kidney stone. The staff put an IV in my hand and ran a pain killer, and confirmed that there was a stone just above my bladder...

Fast forward to last night the wife took me to the ER again where they stuck an IV in me to get my kidneys pumped up so I could urinate and basically tell me to "Drink mucho fluids" ( same thing I have been doing now for two weeks).

So someone needs to help me name this stone..... I propose naming it "Fred".

Dave

L

lizardman

Heck maybe name it Phil since it was filling a ureeter.... but I wouldn't want to insult one of our moderators here whom I am proud to call "friend".

Dave

M

mgdguy

Kidney stones are EVIL. You need to give it an evil name.

I feel for ya...had one when I was 13. I wanted to die.

T

Thuggin4Life

My brother went through this about yeah ago. Called me up asking to for a ride to the ER. I have never seen my brother ask for a doctor in the 22 years I have know him. Took him there to what him puke in the parking lot. After several hours the settled on kidney stone for the diognosis. 2 weeks later with out much work and drinkin "mucho fluids" He was back and the stone was still in the bladder and bigger than ever. They gave him some medicine to help break it down and said drink to stay extra hydrated. After another week I still didn't pass or get any smaller so The had to come in with there high tec laser and break it up to nothing (i won't tell you how the get the laser and camera into the bladder). Then for a week there was the after math of the insertion with side effects of more pain, sweling and blood. I have never seem my brother look so weak ever. I feel for you and hope it passes on its own.

G

Growbug

Happened to me about 5 years ago...
They usually pass on their own, but, warn ya, its gonna hurt (more than it did to get you to the ER)

When it comes out, you will name it 'Owww Fick Ya B@sket" or something that sounds like it

But... Rosetta... then you have your very own Rosetta Stone.

T

TTFishon

I heard that pure lemon juice is suppose to help pass the stone and help to prevent them too.

W

wake.joe

Kind of a serious question, but can someone tell me why Alcohal isn't used?

Seems like I pee every five minutes when I get down to drinking, and the intoxication would help the pain...

C

capblack

Seems like I pee every five minutes when I get down to drinking, and the intoxication would help the pain...

yehh, I use beer to cure everything, I think its the barley.

M

mgdguy

Alcohol is a diuretic - drinking a couple beers might help, but then you'd have to drink water to match the beer intake or else it will dehydrate you. At least that's my understanding....

L

Left Bank

Hey Dave, I feel for ya. I've had 3 within the past 2 years and they are worse than any broken bones, knee ligament injuries or the hell that my ex put me through. Unfortunately it'll pass when it darn well feels like it. My doctor gave me a sedative when I PLEADED with him to do something NOW. He said that if it kept up for over 5 days he would send me in to have them blast it apart with ultrasound but fortunately it passed on the 4th day.
I'd call it Demone (Devil in Italian).

M

Markcanby

I have seen but never have had one my self all I an OFFer you is that you can be glad you are not the guy I worked with a couple years back. He was running a 3 a year for 6 years strait

T

Thuggin4Life

Alcohol is a diuretic - drinking a couple beers might help, but then you'd have to drink water to match the beer intake or else it will dehydrate you. At least that's my understanding....

Thats sounds about right to me and its takes days ussually at least a week or 2 to get one to pass. Thats a lot of beer to stay on top of the flow since as soon as you stop you will have to drink a lot of water to compensate.

L

lizardman

I have seen but never have had one my self all I an OFFer you is that you can be glad you are not the guy I worked with a couple years back. He was running a 3 a year for 6 years strait

I work with an old guy who was a Sea Bee (Navy Construction Batalion) and used to weld galvanized. Needless to say he has stones so bad that he has a prescription for morphine in pill form as well as many class one and class two narcotics to help him with the pain.... Poor guy gets one or two every week.

The good news is after being hooked up to the IV and having two of the bags of saline solution pumped into me I was able to pee with some regular force instead of the dribbles for the first time in three days.

When this thing passes I will have to take a picture of it (the makeup of this one should be calcium so it would look like marble [marble floor or tile type of marble not the round play toys]).

Dave

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Heck maybe name it Phil since it was filling a ureeter.... but I wouldn't want to insult one of our moderators here whom I am proud to call "friend".

Dave

I've been called worse by better...:lol: I indeed would be honored, however I don't think I want to be there for the delivery!

troutdude

troutdude

Red Rum

Red Rum

If it makes your head spin, like mine did to me...

I'd name it "red rum"! :lol::lol::lol:

Get well soon.

Top Bottom