Help a girl and her dog out

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
JeannaJigs said:
LOL@ Taxidermy mouse fly hahahaha oh man. I have come to hate mice ever since the infamous war with one in my vehicle that I picked up while camping at Odell lake a few years back. That thing set up camp and it was a pain to get it out. If I lived, where you live...I'd burn the whole freaking thing down.

Trust me - it was tempting to break out the road flares & gas cans when the rodent infestation was discovered. The snakes were just as bad. Imagine a half inch wide crack in your front porch with over a dozen snakes knotted up together in there, occasionally poking their heads out to say high as someone walks up. I poured hot water down on them to try to flush them out - they didn't move. I tried poking them with sticks - wouldn't move. So I blasted some foam sealant around the cracks hoping they'd get the message and move on. I used four cans of foam sealing the holes in the foundation leading into our utility room.

Glad it's "just" garter snakes and not rattlers. My mom, mother in law and wife aren't fond of snakes. I don't want my little boy messing with them either. While not poisonous, their bites can get infected, and I've read that garter snakes often have ecoli and other nasties on their bodies.

troutdude
troutdude
Fishermen Jim said:
A Stringer of Fish and Rattle Snakes, what a feast!

What is the bag limit for Rattle Snakes anyways?

Bwahahahaha!!! Just as funny on here; as when you said it in the shop today!

L
Later, Peter
still too cold at night (& not all that warm in the day time) for the snake population. If you (& the canine) spend time at the more popular places (Big Bend) & there'll be less chance of seeing snakes. The vets in Prineville all have the vaccine. I have fished the Crooked River like 200+ days a year for the past 12 years & have yet to see a Rattlesnake (other snakes yes)... I know of only one person that has been bitten... he stepped out of the river onto the "opposite bank" in an rarely used area.
so, go fish.

Top Bottom