Hello from Kentucky

K

kyflytyer

Hello all. I am planning a trip to Oregon and Washington next June, and thought I'd join this forum to help gather information on the fly fishing opportunities there. I will be primarily fishing for trout, but may try steelhead also. I am looking forward to reading all the threads over the winter. Cheers.

A

Anyfishisfine

That will be an excellent time to visit. You will even be able to get some spring Chinook action then. Everything you need to know is contained in the pages of these forums, and reading it all should keep you busy this winter.

B

bbbfish

KY is my home state. I grew up in Louisville, and go back every year to see the family.

You're in for a treat with an Oregon visit.

One tip: If it's early June, I'd add the Deschutes River to your list of places to go and fish. You may get lucky and hit the salmonfly hatch, but regardless that should be a good time to fish the D, and it's a river not to be missed.

F

freeflyin

Hello all. I am planning a trip to Oregon and Washington next June, and thought I'd join this forum to help gather information on the fly fishing opportunities there. I will be primarily fishing for trout, but may try steelhead also. I am looking forward to reading all the threads over the winter. Cheers.

I second bbbfish, the deschutes is a must fish. One of the top rivers in the nation for native rainbows. It completely depends what kind of flexibility you have, though. There's a lot awesome rivers to fish. Let us know where you're going to be and we can let you know some good spots. Good luck!!