Hello everyone

New to this forum and just want to say hi. I like what I see here lots of talented people sounds like. I'm new here but not new to forums. I'm 64 just retired get to go fishing a lot now. Pleased to meet you all..... Go Fish.

colt

Welcome. Whereabouts do you hail from? Retirement sounds nice. I imagine i would be spending quite some time fishing myself if i ever get to retire. Got about 30 more years to go haha.

Hello colt. Where do I hail from? Mid-Valley, here in Oregon. I can hardly wait till I turn 65, then i get get a free hunting and fishing license. It's called the Pioneer License. Used to be totally free but now they charge you a $3 handling fee which hey I can handle that!

colt

Im over in eastern oregon. Been doing quite a bit of fishing lately, trying to make up for the lack of fishing last year from working too much overtime. The pioneer license, i believe my grandfather had that one too. Figures they would have a "handling charge" on that. Seems like everyone tries to find a way to nickel and dime ya nowadays. Looking forward to hearing some stories from your experiences.

Oh I intend to post some interesting stories. First I plan on spending quite a bit of time reading all the interesting stories here at this forum.

How 'bout a big Steelie that threw your thomas lure back at you after rocketing up out of the water and... succeeded at not staying hooked?
Bounced that thomas off my my head! Go fish.

colt

Had something like that happen on a yarn fly and slinky weight. Steelie just popped out, and i could swear she smirked at me before popping out the hook. Made me duck out of the way.