hehe check this bucket mouth out!

F

fishndad

biggest of the year! 7lb 6oz on a june bug brush hawg! this thing fought like a monster! it spooled me 6-7 times with no problem and a bigger female was following her all the way upto the shore. i released her and the other came right back up and met her! still kind of a tough bite but it was worth the work for sure! so for all the guys coming to the derby here is something to look forward to!

2hdw2gm.jpg

F

fishndad

well thats not the only when that i caught! i just get pics of the best fish hehehe. it realy gets a guy goin when you see fish like these hehehe

F

fishndad

ya know its hard not to like what you do when these fish arrise on the other end! some times ya get skunked but this makes it all worth it:dance:

F

fishndad

oh and it was windy as hell out there today! which made it even more difficult. i hope its not like this when i take my toon in the derby. i just got me a fish finder to hehehe

F

Finneus Polebender

the reason for every cast

the reason for every cast

ya know its hard not to like what you do when these fish arrise on the other end! some times ya get skunked but this makes it all worth it:dance:

thats the thrill watin for the next one that gets your heart racin and it always seems just one cast away! I do mean poles a bendin clean into the water

Last edited:
A

adambomb

another monster spotted

another monster spotted

i spotted this hog at my little bass pond in canby today. they were feeding on top water pretty heavy so i put a little floating rapala right in front of her face, and, WHAM, i caught a blue gill. at first i thought, DAMMIT!!!, then the big bass started going after the blue gill on my lure! I know its not legal to use live bluegill as bait but this was an honest accident, but she still wouldnt eat it. maybe next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fishndad

yeah it looks like you got a little to close! this time of year if a bass see's you up close they get real lethargic! they wont bite for nothing. next time now that you know where she is throw something from a distance so she doesn't get the thought of you being there

H

Hawk

biggest of the year! 7lb 6oz on a june bug brush hawg! this thing fought like a monster! it spooled me 6-7 times with no problem and a bigger female was following her all the way upto the shore. i released her and the other came right back up and met her! still kind of a tough bite but it was worth the work for sure! so for all the guys coming to the derby here is something to look forward to!

2hdw2gm.jpg

that shurely is one Mighty Beautiful Lunker Bro...................................:D:D:D:D..............................:cool::cool::cool:...............................:clap::clap::clap:

A

adambomb

The pond has no name that i know of and it is located in molalla river state park. which pond you ask? i guess you will just have to fish all 4 and find out for yourself like i did. i'm not trying to be selfish but if told you exactly where to find her that would take away half of the fun! I have fished these ponds for a couple of years now, and i probably know them better than anybody except the park host, and i dont think he ever fishes them. one pond has tons of bluegill and crappie, and a weak, struggling bass population. one pond is home to nothing but bullfrogs. and two ponds are full of bluegill and warmmouth. be warned, there is very little bank to fish from, i'm talking maybe 3 or 4 spots per pond. and they are so small and narrow a float tube would be over kill. one day last august i caught over 30 crappie in under an hour. i also caught the big bass pictured earlier in this thread. i am almost certain that this little pond couldnt have more than one or two bass that size, and i have only seen her twice. once, the day that i caught her, and once on saturday when i took the picture of her. so, to those of you planning on giving these ponds a try, my advice to you is : 1. bring a lot of jigs, you will lose a few for sure. 2. bring soft plastics, and offset hooks and rig up texas style for a shot a the bass. there is soooo much cover for them, and sooo few bass. 3. practice your side arm and underhand casting for maximum fishability. These ponds have been my little "secret" for a while now, and i finally found a group of sportsmen that i trust will respect and enjoy them responsibly.

H

hendrixfan

Very much appreciate you sharing that info! I have often wondered if there was any fish in those ponds.

And sorry to thread jack fishndad, that is a monster!

F

fishndad

Very much appreciate you sharing that info! I have often wondered if there was any fish in those ponds.

And sorry to thread jack fishndad, that is a monster!

its ok, as long as the info benefits you then go right ahead! that is what the forum is for!

Top Bottom