Heavy rains on the way! Yeah!!!

S
solution7
Great News

Great News

The rain is good news for all of us seeking to slay some salmonids. I usually fish the Nestucca or Salmon river. Anyone willing to take a guess at which rivers are hot or might be hot this weekend?

I am gonna fish Saturday and Sunday!

B
bigfootfish
rainman

rainman

I used both services, though the USGS link has more streams listed.

BFF

M
Mike123
Where is this rain that's suppose to happen? It keeps sprinking then SUN shine!
I dont think the rivers will ever raise.

B
bigfootfish
rains?

rains?

Looks like all the fancy computer programs used by the NWS missed the heavy rains for tonight and Saturday. We will get some but maybe not enough to move fish. Depends where you are at. We'll see.

BFF

M
Mike123
bigfootfish said:
Looks like all the fancy computer programs used by the NWS missed the heavy rains for tonight and Saturday. We will get some but maybe not enough to move fish. Depends where you are at. We'll see.

BFF

It's finally pouring down rain! :dance:

kirkster
kirkster
Mike123 said:
It's finally pouring down rain! :dance:

You got that right . I dont know if pouring was the name for it. Iwas fishing below dodge park when it started and I kid you not the water came up 13" in about a two hour period. and The color went from very clear to shapoopy brown in the first hour. That hole we have been talking about kinda sketchy getin across the river. After that storm and the water turning to zero visability. And this happened to be the only time I went to this hole alone. and on top all that I forgot my cell phone back at the rig. And there are no other options other than crossing the river To get back. All the trips in there before Crossing the river was about a 7-10 minute adventure. It took me 45 minutes to find my way across and it wasn't sketchy at all it was flat out scary. Several times I had water fill up the pocket on my waders. and thats only like 3" from the top of my waders. Lets just say that 45 minutes prbably took 4-5 years off my life.lol

B
Bohemian
kirkster said:
You got that right . I dont know if pouring was the name for it. Iwas fishing below dodge park when it started and I kid you not the water came up 13" in about a two hour period. and The color went from very clear to shapoopy brown in the first hour. That hole we have been talking about kinda sketchy getin across the river. After that storm and the water turning to zero visability. And this happened to be the only time I went to this hole alone. and on top all that I forgot my cell phone back at the rig. And there are no other options other than crossing the river To get back. All the trips in there before Crossing the river was about a 7-10 minute adventure. It took me 45 minutes to find my way across and it wasn't sketchy at all it was flat out scary. Several times I had water fill up the pocket on my waders. and thats only like 3" from the top of my waders. Lets just say that 45 minutes prbably took 4-5 years off my life.lol

Raised my blood pressure just reading about it :shock: :naughty: